well-temperedforum.groupee.net
Just peachy

This topic can be found at:
https://well-temperedforum.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9130004433/m/7443945497

19 June 2020, 07:03 PM
Mary Anna
Just peachy
I'm fretting over the safety of the people of Tulsa this weekend. I had been happy to see that the mayor had instituted a curfew.

Now, I see that he has lifted it. He told Trump this during a personal phone call, after which our childish president crowed over the fact that his followers would be free to roam the streets and spew venom and COVID all over the locals.

In other news, Trump has mobilized 200 National Guard members. Wouldn't it have been safer and cheaper to have a curfew? If the situation is dangerous enough to call out the military, perhaps the wise thing to do is to tell people to stay home, don't you think? Or, better yet, he could stay in Washington.

Quirt and I were already on strict lockdown, but now we're on double-extra-super-duper lockdown for the rest of the summer while the pandemic stirred up by this idiocy rages.

--------------------------------
Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

19 June 2020, 07:20 PM
Nina
Apparently he's also threatened protesters, saying that they wouldn't be treated as "nicely" as they'd been treated before, in places like Seattle, New York or Minneapolis. Basically, he's given a green light to any wanna be vigilante to come out and beat people up.

Yeah, stay on lockdown, for sure. Good thing you're a bit of a distance from Tulsa.
19 June 2020, 08:45 PM
CHAS
A friend is counsel for the company that leases the building where the rally will be held.

Joe Farris in the Washington Post

Joe and I have been friends since third grade.
We correspond with jokes three or four times a week.
He is no fan of Trump. He is in an awkward situation.

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

19 June 2020, 10:03 PM
QuirtEvans
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
Apparently he's also threatened protesters, saying that they wouldn't be treated as "nicely" as they'd been treated before, in places like Seattle, New York or Minneapolis. Basically, he's given a green light to any wanna be vigilante to come out and beat people up.

Yeah, stay on lockdown, for sure. Good thing you're a bit of a distance from Tulsa.

Yes, like Minneapolis, where the police will kneel on your neck and kill you.

Or New York, where they funnel protestors together and then beat them with batons.

I'm glad to hear they won't be treated as nicely in Oklahoma.