well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Trump's Approval Rating at All Time High

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trump's Approval Rating at All Time High
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted
It makes me sick to report this. All along I've been hoping the silver lining to the current health crisis would be Trump's losing his bid for re-election.

I thought his bumbling was apparent to all (starting with the patent idiocy of dismantling Obama's Pandemic control office).

So much for my evident echo chamber bias. ESPECIALLY since so many Democrats and Independents now support him. (DEMOCRATS!?).

Did you see this coming? Supposedly, it began before he was acquited in the impeachment trial (WHY??)
Trump's approval rating at an all time high

--------------------------------
The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
I am hoping it's a flaw in their testing methods. Like all the libruls in the librul havens on the coasts are avoiding answering the phone so they don't get the plague and all the good ol' boy murcans are answering "hell yeah!" when asked if they approve of the great orange menace.

I have been constantly baffled for the last four years how anybody who watches or listens to him for more than a minute can possibly support him. But here we are. Clearly, there are his die-hard supporters who will believe anything he says despite every actual expert saying the opposite. But are they 50% of the population? That boggles the mind.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Do remember that half of the population has an IQ below 100 ... Wink

Posts: 12545 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Also, the election isn't tomorrow.... a lot of things can happen in 8 months. Good and bad.

I'm not making myself feel any better

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18569 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Who the heck isn't listening to his b shot each night?

Are they only hearing that they might get some free money? (Which isn't)

Groan...

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
You mentioned impeachment. Of course impeachment made him more popular. It was a political loss for the Democrats. As far as the present crisis, I think people must like to be told there is nothing to fear. Moreover, the Democrats, or at least the leaders, have continually failed to provide any credible alternative vision.

Posts: 24732 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Revulsion for Trump is underappreciated

Haven't read enough of this to form an opinion whether the reporter has a point or is just fervently praying he's right.

Posts: 35383 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting that, Nina. I read a little and am saving it for tomorrow.

/off topic

Meanwhile, I also peeked at this Atlantic article that was in the sidebar of the one you posted:

https://www.theatlantic.com/he...onavirus-end/608719/

It looked interesting, too.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37961 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Remember, weren’t ratings much higher for other presidents in time of crisis? Wasn’t GWB in the 80s after 9/11? Trump’s nowhere near there.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13817 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
The other issue is whether those surveyed will vote. One of the positives about a potential Biden Dem nomination is that he will likely bring along a lot of African American voters, who may not vote otherwise. And, once they're in the voting booth, they are also likely (but not guaranteed of course) to also vote out down-ballot GOP members who are on the ticket in states. Like Kentucky. Big Grin

Posts: 35383 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post