well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Fauci to Retire in December 2022

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fauci to Retire in December 2022
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted
https://www.washingtonpost.com...8/22/fauci-retiring/

Fauci will retire from the government in December 2022.

--------------------------------
www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12691 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Posts: 24724 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Good for him! What a career that he is retiring at 82 years old!!!!!

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
He certainly has served his country well, and under fire!

I can't think of anything harder for a doctor, a medical leader, than to have to continue trying to educate the country about citizens' medical needs when the President is opposing, undermining, every move.

And in a pandemic.

What a challenge! To go in front of the cameras broadcasting his advice to the whole nation, while side by side, mike by mike, with an ignoramus president undermining his every word.

Ever heard a snippet of RW broadcasts about him? (I have, wincing, just so I know what they're saying.) He was ridiculed and accused of all kinds of treason and malfeasance.

Given the political slant all medical policies acquired, it got to where his family was even getting death threats!

But to follow his conscience, he had to stand up to it, unflappable. He somehow managed to come up with informative yet diplomatic replies to the vilest, stupidest president this country's ever had*.

I call him a hero.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
* disclaimer.

Of course, I couldn't begin to compare all previous presidents to validate my above remark about Trump. I couldn't even name them in any order!

Only someone like Jon could really compare Trump. (Jon, where are you?) He conscientiously uses the five extra waking hours his sleep anomalie grants him, to (among other things) read biographies of them all! ThumbsUp

What prez are you up to?
And what do YOU think of Fauci?

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Am I the only one who is aware of his emails released because of the FOIA?

They say everything that needs to be said about the man and his deeds in his own words.

Good riddance.

Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:
Am I the only one who is aware of his emails released because of the FOIA?
Not sure what you’re talking about. Got a link to these allegedly incriminating emails?

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12691 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
About the emails:

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/a...mails-covid-response

https://www.npr.org/2021/06/03...nthony-faucis-emails

Link to the email dump if you're up for an extended read...

https://www.documentcloud.org/...anthony-fauci-emails

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37929 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
They prove conclusively that he funded gain of function research at the Wuhan virology laboratory and hid his dealings from the American public deliberately.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
People will believe what they want to believe. I read portions of Fauci's emails and I am sympathetic to the fact that he was trying to respond as accurately as possible based the science as it was known at the time. I think a lot of people believe that once a scientific conclusion has been made, it is somehow cast in stone and any deviation from that original conclusion means that someone is lying or covering things up. That's not how science works. Recommendations are constantly being revised based on new scientific evidence and, in the case of COVID these recommendations were also being shaped by the availability of prophylactics (be they vaccines or masks), the need to prioritize first responders' access if supplies were short (which they were for months), the discovery that some recommendations were just plain wrong (remember when we wiped down our groceries?) and plain old politics.

As for the GOF research, I am not yet convinced as what I've seen and read does not make me conclude that Fauci "lied" about the Wuhan virology laboratory funding. There is no doubt that NIH funded GOF research on SARS-related viruses, but it's unclear that any NIH money went toward GOF research that would make SARS-COV viruses more dangerous to humans. There are many SARS-COV viruses, and many potential hosts. From what I've read so far, the NIH funded GOF research involving bats and mice, not humans. In my opinion, the details are important.

That said, I haven't (nor will I) read through the giant trove of his released emails to try to find a better answer to the question of GOF and NIH funding. I'm sure many, many people will, and my plan is to wait until some trustworthy sources release their findings in a digestible way.

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
The mice were humanized mice and the lungs were the humanized organ.

He did fund this research through a cut out. It's just a fact.

His actions during the AIDS crisis were despicable.

My reaction to his retirement is cautious and measured all things considered.