well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Himalayan salt

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Himalayan salt
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
How Pink Salt Took Over Millennial Kitchens

It’s not healthier for you. It doesn’t technically come from the Himalayas. But pink salt’s appeal has exploded nonetheless.

https://getpocket.com/explore/...source=pocket-newtab

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37942 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
I have a grinder with the stuff in it. Bought it on vacation to make eggs and whatnot.

I tend to use Diamond Crystal Kosher salt for a lot of reasons.

Posts: 12539 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
I haven't heard of Himalayan salt before this thread (not surprising bc I'm not exactly on the culinary cutting edge...)

But we have some sea salt that's in a grinder, so it comes out in big chunks, that's nice (depending on the food it's being used on).

I originally got it so I could make "no flour" peanut butter cookies. I still haven't made those cookies yet, but we've used a lot of that sea salt! suave

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18525 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
Not the first product, and won't be the last, to command a price premium just for being more aesthetically pleasing, I suppose. Shrug

I have three big grinder bottles of it in my kitchen. Why? Because they were on discount and I have grown accustomed to "measuring" how much salt I put into my cooking by by counting how many times I "turn" the grinder on such bottles. Of the three grinder bottles I have, one is just salt, one with garlic, and now with pepper corn. If nothing else, I love the convenience of those grinder bottles.

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12692 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post