well-temperedforum.groupee.net
Impeachment

This topic can be found at:
https://well-temperedforum.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9130004433/m/7283917397

21 January 2020, 04:21 PM
Daniel
Impeachment
So, Trump was impeached.

I know this is hardly "news" at this point, but what do you think?

I'm just curious.
22 January 2020, 12:24 AM
Steve Miller
I can’t watch.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

22 January 2020, 04:06 PM
Daniel
I don't watch it myself.

I think it's remarkable because impeachment of a president is rare. I think it's a loosing political situation for Democrats. But that's about it.
23 January 2020, 07:50 AM
jon-nyc
Oddly for me, I haven’t paid too much attention. It just has always seemed like the screenplay was written long ago and everyone knew their lines and it just had to play out.

I appreciate the argument that this level of abuse of power had to be checked in the only venue that could check it (most convincingly articulated by David French, I think). I also appreciate the argument that an investigation and putting the facts in front of the electorate would be appropriate given we’re only 9 months and change away from an election.

Politically I think the latter approach would have been more wise.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

23 January 2020, 01:23 PM
piqué
To me, the fact that the Repugnantcans openly defy the law and promise to touch third rail policies, defying the wishes of the public *ahead of a major election*, is all the proof we need that our elections are tampered with and can not save us.

fear is the thief of dreams