well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    The White House Physician
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The White House Physician
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted
Should have his license revoked if what Trump says is true (could just be something to get a rise outta us!).

Prescribing a drug for no good reason except by the request of the patient who is 73 years old and has a bit of a heart issue despite the reports of side effects.

Trump taking hydroxychloroquine

--------------------------------
"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
How bizarre. He joins the ranks of other crazies like the anti-vax crowd. Make up your own science.

Sure sends a confusing message about what the public should do/believe. CDC is recommending against use of the drug because of the possible side effects, but I-1's attitude is "so what can it hurt?".

If he was going to take it anyway, he should have kept quiet about it.

But he's just continuing what he's been doing during this whole pandemic....sowing confusion....

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37961 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Ho hum... the village idiot is raving again!

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7557 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
For all we know, they're giving him sugar pills to keep him pacified.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15514 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
He can never be wrong. He simply doubles, triples quadruples down.

Posts: 12545 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
"I get a lot of positive calls about it."

The VA studies that indicated negative side effects? Trump on Monday suggested the VA study was conducted "with people that aren't big Trump fans."

We're doomed.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37961 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mary Anna:

quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
He can never be wrong. He simply doubles, triples quadruples down.

Maybe you're both right. He knows he's taking sugar pills and that they won't affect him.

"Look!!! I've been taking hydroxychloroquine and I've had no problems!!! I was right!!!"

I wouldn't put it past him. He made remarks about how he knew everyone's eyes would bug out when he made the announcement....

Crazy

It would be funny if he weren't the guy with the nuclear codes....

edit: The WH doctor is confirming that Trump is taking the drug and that the decision was made after talking about the benefits and risks, and that the final decision was that the benefits outweighed the risks. He's taking it prophylactically; there are *no* studies that demonstrate any efficacy when used in that manner.

Dr wtg says a mask is very effective and pretty much has no down side.

'Nuff said.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
quote:

I have thought the very same thing..and in thinking that..thought..OMG!

Is this a Roosevelt/Kennedy moment whereby we cover up the med issues of our President?

In this case that he is an idiot who self prescribes meds?

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post

Bazootiehead-in-training

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Yeah, but that was the 60s.

Posts: 12545 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Hmmm... these pills seem awfully familiar... white, a little shiny, very smooth, and taste a bit minty.

That reminds me... I should go find some attractive young woman to kiss without her consent."

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BeeLady:
In this case that he is an idiot who self prescribes meds?
Well, Rush Lamebrain did it. And he got the presidential medal of freedom.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
So are there any effective watchdogs left to watch stock trades before and after tRump's tweets and announcements?

Just wondering...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7557 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
As former Trump adviser Steve Bannon once told Michael Lewis, “The real opposition is the media. And the way to deal with them is to flood the zone with ****.” By filling the airwaves and the press with discussions of hydroxychloroquine, Trump has filled the commode to the point of overflowing. I’d like to think that calling attention to Trump’s decoy move might reduce its effectiveness. But I’d be wrong. In Trump’s book, any mention—neutral, praiseful or critical—is a win because it takes our eye off of what really matters. When it comes to obvious Trump provocations like self-dosing of hydroxychloroquine, the only way to blunt such media manipulation is to ignore him as much as possible. Do your part. Flush Trump’s crap from public mention.

https://www.politico.com/news/...xychloroquine-268243

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
On the heels of studies showing hydroxychloroquine doesn't help patients in the hospital with Covid-19, a new study -- the first of its kind -- shows the drug doesn't work to prevent infection with the virus, either.

President Trump said he took hydroxychloroquine last month, shortly after he found out that his personal valet had been diagnosed with the coronavirus.

The University of Minnesota study has been covered in the media over the past few months, and Dr. David Boulware, the author of the new study, says the president's physician sent him an email on May 9, seeking his opinion about taking the drug preventatively, and asking about the results of the study and the dose the study subjects were taking.

Boulware says he advised Trump's physician that there was no published research showing hydroxychloroquine worked preventatively and shared that the people in his study who took hydroxychloroquine had higher rates of side effects, mostly gastrointestinal problems such as nausea and vomiting.

"I knew they were probably going to ignore what I said because the White House had been talking about hydroxychloroquine for weeks and weeks and weeks," said Boulware, an infectious disease expert and professor of medicine at the University of Minnesota.

The study was published Wednesday in the New England Journal of Medicine.

https://news.google.com/articl...S&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

Bazootiehead-in-training