well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    An unusual View of Earth

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

An unusual View of Earth
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted

Posts: 12758 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Cool

--------------------------------
When the world wearies and society ceases to satisfy, there is always the garden - Minnie Aumônier

Posts: 38215 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chatterbox
Picture of AD
posted Hide Post
Cool indeed.
I've been meaning to buy a globe in order to have a near true perspective of our earth. The usual mercator projection is so distorted.

At the other end of the scale (despite googlemaps and unknown to my wife), we have a small but growing collection of OS Explorer maps (2 1/2 inch to a mile) which I enjoy reading rather like a book.
Fortunately for my nbank account the UK is vastly smaller than your country Ole

--------------------------------
Every morrning the soul is once again as good as new, and again one offers if to one's brothers and sisters in life.

Posts: 415 | Location: Land of the Prince Bishops | Registered: 27 November 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post