well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Time for Obama to step up

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Time for Obama to step up
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted
He needs to support his guy again. This is critical. The time is now, Mr President.

#notadrill

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I agree.

What we need now is normalcy.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
Normalcy? No thanks.

What we need is basic human decency.

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
"His guy" rode in as VP on his coattails. Perhaps Obama is interested in what the electorate wants??

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7556 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Perhaps Obama is interested in what the electorate wants??

This. Either that, or Obama is hoping to vote for Sanders... suave

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18538 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
I think Barack prizes intellectual acuity and he probably respects only Liz and Pete on that dimension among the 2020 candidates. Of the two, Liz puts out more policy heft because she has spent more time dealing with public policies on a large scale; Pete simply has not. But Liz also gave Barack some headache with the policies she advocated in the aftermath of the 2008 Great Recession. Pete has not done anything then. Barack could endorse Hillary in 2016 (not that he actually did until the Primary ended), no one could credibly accuse Hillary for being an intellectual/policy light weight. The other wildcard is Bloomberg; he has his baggage from his time as NYC mayor, but no one can credibly accuse Bloomberg for being stupid. I cannot see Barack being too enthusiastic about endorsing any one else, even though he will endorse whomever is chosen at the end of the Primary.

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12692 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Have has started that he is waiting to see wait the voters want. Wise.

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post