well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    So yesterday this happened
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So yesterday this happened
 Login/Join

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Underside of truck is now very clean.

ROTFLMAO

At least you still have a sense of humor! And glad no humans were injured!!

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18509 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
Isn't that hydrant cast iron? What is the extent of the damage to the truck? Besides having a clean belly?

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
Oh no! That's totally something I would do!

Hope everything gets fixed quickly and without too much damage to the wallet!

Posts: 4404 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markj:
Isn't that hydrant cast iron? What is the extent of the damage to the truck? Besides having a clean belly?

It's cast iron but it's mounted on a "breakaway" flange. The damage to the truck appears to be only the bumper.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34969 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
yikes! And this is why we carry car insurance.

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Vacation to Post
Picture of Qaanaaq-Liaaq
posted Hide Post
At least you didn’t get hurt. Pick-up trucks need a downward sloping front end. It would make them more aerodynamic and make it easier to see what’s in front of it. Chrysler used to call it “cab forward” design and used it on the Dodge Intrepid and Chrysler Concorde cars but their trucks never had it. Instead pick-up trucks have tall front ends because of their massive grilles. They want the trucks to give the allusion of power.

Posts: 1411 | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
I just read an article about how short people are very vulnerable to big trucks. They can be invisible and if they're hit, they're probably going right on under. I'm glad it was only a hydrant.

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7411 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
twit
Beatification Candidate
Picture of kluurs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by big al:
I'm glad it was only a hydrant.

Truer words never spoken. I had an accident that I thought I'd never do. A long while back, I had a car where the little rubber pad on the brake pedal came off. I tried to put it back on at a stop light - but then forgot about it as it was winter, dark and cold. A week or so later, I was gently backing out of parking spot when I put my foot on the brake, but it slipped off as it was an icy/snowy day and my shoes and the brake both had ice on them. I did that (only old people do this) thing where I found my foot jamming on the accelerator instead of the brake and managed to hit another parked car.

I did get back to the brake eventually, and waited for the person whose car I hit to assure them I'd cover the damage. My car didn't really have any issues.

BUT, the thing that kept me up at night was how grateful no person was walking behind me when that happened. And YES, I did manage to get the brake pad back on the brake pedal.

Posts: 9598 | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Holy crap. That must’ve been some surprise - crash and then all the noise from the water. I would have had a heart attack! How long did it take them to turn it off?

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20460 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
About 15 minutes. I sat there for a while wondering if I should back off off it or wait until it was shut off. I decided I had better to back away because of al of the electronics under the hood.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34969 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post