well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    I just saw a Biden ad.
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I just saw a Biden ad.
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
I just saw a Biden ad.

It was good. I liked it. Short into the point.

What surprised me was that I saw it at all. This area used to be Republican but after Obama it leans heavily democratic and I’m surprised that they spent the money here. They must have a lot of money. I have yet to see a single Trump ad.

Glad to see it.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34999 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
You saw it in California? Weird.

I went to the Lincoln Project website and watched some of their ads. Some are really good.

I read that focus groups prefer Biden ads where he narrates over Biden ads when someone else narrates. Interesting.

You will never see an ad where Trump narrates.

Posts: 19765 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
After that I saw an ad for the woman running against my Congresscritter - a guy I like a lot.

She got shown the door last time and she’s back for more. She’s taken a page from the Trump playbook this time. Outrageous lies, fabricated scandals, nonsense statements. Republicans seem to like that sort of thing.

I’m not impressed.

Posts: 34999 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
It was probably a 'direct response' ad, designed for fundraising if it was shown in CA.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33804 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Just saw another one. Damn, he’s good.

Maybe I’ll send him something.

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
You haven't already? Get with the program, man! Big Grin

Posts: 12571 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I think you’re right. I’ve never donated to a politician in my life but now might be a great time to start.

I’m tempted to donate Amy McGrath rather than Joe.

Thoughts?

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I don’t see how any race can take priority over Biden/Trump this year.

My 2c.

Posts: 33804 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
But if the senate doesn’t flip its gonna be Obama all over again.

Maybe a few shekels to both.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I see your point but on the other hand ‘Obama all over again’ seems positively dream-like.

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
‘Obama all over again’ seems positively dream-like.

+1

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18609 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
Interesting report, Steve. The airwaves here in western PA have been packed with ads for both Biden and Trump as well as some for the Representative race for my district. They've been running for weeks. Yard signs have been proliferating and I'm disturbed by how many MAGA signs I see.

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7427 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
You haven't already? Get with the program, man! Big Grin

OK, I sent money to both Biden and McGrath. ThumbsUp

Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
I just saw a Trump TV ad here. I had not realized before that he was practically single-handedly responsible for ending international terrorism. That seems like a good thing, maybe I should be supporting him…

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post