well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    By Jove, I think she’s got it!
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

By Jove, I think she’s got it!
 Login/Join

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted
Mrs. pj was commanded to spend last week back in the office. One entire morning was an all-hands meeting with a hundred or more people.

Last night she started feeling crummy. Then really bad. Coughing. Achy. Cold. Her fever spiked at 102.

This morning, she called in to her group meeting. One of the guys she was working with last week has Covid. She’s sure she has it, but the swab test last night was negative. I hear it can take a couple days to register.

We were together all weekend. I’m sure if she has it, I’m going to get it in a few days.

Feh.

--------------------------------
pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30039 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Oh no! I'm so sorry!!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18602 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Ugh. Frowner

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34990 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Took a day or two to test positive after we started feeling poorly. Mr wtg got sick about four days after I started symptoms. I felt lousy for maybe three or four days, Mr wtg for close to a week.

Things to have on hand before you both get sick:

Lots of Kleenex. We both had runny noses.

Tylenol and/or Motrin for elevated temps and aches/pains. Also a working thermometer.

We both had temps that bounced around a lot, ranging from 99.5 up to 102.8. Temps seemed to take a spike early evening through the night and then drop mid-morning.

We both were pretty sore and very fatigued. Mr wtg had shooting pains.

My symptoms weren't that bad, so I didn't take any pain/fever reducing meds like acetaminophen or ibuprofen, but Mr wtg's temp went up enough and he was pretty sore, so he alternated ibuprofen and acetaminophen as needed.

Cough suppressant. I had a tickly annoying cough at the onset that I just ignored, but after I started generally feeling better the cough got worse. Mr wtg had a nasty cough that kept him awake at night.

Our primary care doc suggested Mucinex DM. That has both a cough suppressant and an expectorant. This variant was all upper respiratory for us (runny nose and cough was high up rather than from the lungs), so we did fine with Delsym that just has dextromethorphan, which is the cough suppressant.

I might note that I *never* take stuff for colds, but for this virus the cough suppressant was very helpful.

Cough drops. Ricola with menthol.

We both had diminished sense of taste and smell and only wanted bland foods. That took a while to wear off.

Stay hydrated. With the fever it's easy to get dehydrated.

Doc said to isolate for five days, and then mask for five more after that if you go out.

It felt like a really miserable cold. I hope you recover quickly.

Comfort

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37994 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Yeah, when I had it in NM I tested positive immediately. My wife took almost a week for her concatenation of symptoms to turn a test positive.

Hope it passes quietly and quickly through the house.

Posts: 12571 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Carp!!!

Hope it is gone soon.

Getting a flu/RSV vaccine Friday. Covid on the 13th

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25727 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
She just tested positive. And I have a headache and am starting to feel dragged out.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
that sucks, pj. may it be a mild case!

I got my flu shot today and am getting the new covid shot on saturday. Next week I'm going to be at a horse clinic and I don't want to be worried about getting sick. Not really easy to keep one's distance as we have big group dinners with everyone around one table.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21362 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Mrs pj is still running 101. Three other people in her workgroup plus her boss have it. It seems the three-hour meeting was a super-spreader.

This morning I have no fever, but I’m a bit achy across my back, I have a headache, stuffy nose, and a sore throat. If I’m really lucky, that will be the extent of it. I’m taking the day off.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Take it easy PJ! Hopefully you won't get it, or won't get it any worse!

Posts: 18602 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
So sorry, pj. It’s still going around. I went to a momentous birthday party Monday (celebrating a composer’s 90th birthday) in Manhattan and there were at least 50 people there at any given time. I tried to keep a mask on, but I was in a distinct minority.

Around my home community I am not so careful…smaller concentrations of people. Still…

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13825 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I’ve been seeing quite a few store employees wearing masks. Costco, Home Depot, Menards, Panera…. Either they don’t want to get sick or they tested positive and are masking to protect customers.

It’s going around.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37994 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
pj, Hope you are both better soon.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25727 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Mrs pj is feeling better. We have been warned about rebounds.

I had a rough night last night. Fever, chills, and every joint in my body hurt, especially my knees.

I’m going to spend another day in bed.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Comfort

quote:
I’m going to spend another day in bed.

A wise choice!!