well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Raspberry Pi

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Raspberry Pi
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Put me in the latter category...

quote:
Let’s set up the very basics. We have a lot of listeners: I feel like there’s a category of people who intimately know everything about Raspberry Pis, and there’s a category of people who have no idea what we’re talking about. What is a Raspberry Pi?

https://www.theverge.com/22966...er-chip-shortage-diy

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37898 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
I don't know, but I made strawberries with balsamic vinegar for dessert tonight.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13555 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
I know what one is. I’ve never played around with one.

I went from Apple II to IBM mainframes (VM/CMS) to IBM PCs (DOS 2.0 and on) to third generation Macs to Windoze. My only exposure to UNIX or UNIX-like systems was in my second to last job at the NFFMCo - we were using ancient Sun SparcStations to generate software for aeroplanes. Even then, I only learned a few basic commands because the GUI took care of nearly everything.

So, to get into a Raspberry Pi, I'd have to learn Linux from scratch. I think I'll pass.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
I have 3 or 4 or them. Awesome little Linux computer.

One controls my 3D printer. One is being setup right now as an all sky time-lapse camera.

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Mark,

What languages do you typically program in?

I got out of IT when Pascal was still popular and nearly all UNIX platform work was in C++.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
I haven't programmed in a "mainstream" language since the 1980s

We use a 4GL development environment called Omnis Studio.

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post