well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Seriously, autocorrect?!?

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Seriously, autocorrect?!?
 Login/Join

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted
Today is the third anniversary of my father's passing, and I'm feeling it weigh on me. I also feel just so, so sad for my Dad's wife, I know this day is unspeakably hard for her.

I called her a little bit ago, she didn't answer. She might be out, but I know she doesn't answer when she's upset, and she has continued to struggle with grief and loneliness.

So I decided to drop her a private message on FB, letting her know I'm thinking about her and promising to call again later. At the end, I wrote "I just wanted you to know you’re not alone."

What was sent:
"I just wanted you to know you’re now alone."

Goddamnit *^&%^#&&**#% autocorrect!!! I quick deleted the message (it shows that she hadn't opened yet), corrected it and resent it. Thank goodness I spotted it at least.

But you know, when I get a FB message, a large portion of it pops up on my phone's notification center. So she may have read it that way. Ugh. But if she did see a notification, she would also have seen my corrected version. I certainly hope so!

But, really?? Stupid autocorrect!!!!

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18590 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post