well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Happy 1st Day of Summer!

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy 1st Day of Summer!
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted

Posts: 25287 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I had a great day and night. I don't remember the start of summer having any particular significance for me before anywhere I've lived.

I tried to take pictures of the full moon with my new phone. None of were worth saving.

I'm sure part of that is my phone's camera is pretty good for a phone but it's just a phone camera.

The other reason was light pollution. I live in a large urban area and there's a lot of street lights on my street.

There was no light pollution at high elevation in the Hamakua district on Hawaii Island where all the big telescopes are above the elevation where it snows.

The sky was spectacular. I couldn't begin to describe it. I was very fortunate to live there for seven years.

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I tried to take pictures of the full moon with my new phone. None of were worth saving.

I can never get good moon photos either.

I'm just happy that we can see the moon better, both from inside the house and in the backyard, in our new house. Smiler

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18859 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
Happy Solstice!

Moon pictures are hard to get (quiet in the gallery!).

We've been having an explosion of fire flies and I'm going to try to video them, but fear I'll get nothing but solid black.

http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10678 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Lol.

I loved collecting and releasing those green bugs as a child.

There's some of life from that glow green under water off the beaches in Sarasota or at least there was last time I checked.

That was magical. It seems like lifetimes ago.

Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
Rain and tornado warnings here.

Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17721 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post