well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Operation Warp Speed, Russian style

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Operation Warp Speed, Russian style
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
I read in the WSJ that the Russians are skipping a phase.

quote:
Russian health authorities are preparing to start a mass vaccination campaign against coronavirus in October, the health minister has said.

Russian media quoted Mikhail Murashko as saying that doctors and teachers would be the first to receive the vaccine.

Reuters, citing anonymous sources, said Russia's first potential vaccine would be approved by regulators this month.

However, some experts are concerned at Russia's fast-track approach.

On Friday, the leading infectious disease expert in the US, Dr Anthony Fauci, said he hoped that Russia - and China - were "actually testing the vaccine" before administering them to anyone.

Dr Fauci has said that the US should have a "safe and effective" vaccine by the end of this year.

"I do not believe that there will be vaccines so far ahead of us that we will have to depend on other countries to get us vaccines," he told US lawmakers.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-53621708

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37898 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
No pesky FDA to get in the way ...

Posts: 12533 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Just think of it as a VERY large phase 3 trial, with no control arm.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
jon - Big Grin

Start vaccinating now, from a US doctor.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/s...ng-now/#4bfca7e1cf6e

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37898 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Have you seen the positive correlation for those recently vaccinated with the MMR vaccine? (Some military and nations fighting measles again) Interesting possibility for why kids seem to have a milder response to Covid.

https://www.biospace.com/artic...m-to-fight-covid-19/

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7555 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I hadn't seen that. Thanks for posting it.

Would also be interesting to know whether the kids who *have* had complications might not have been vaccinated with MMR.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Russian data look a bit...strange.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/1...likely-patterns.html

Bazootiehead-in-training