well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Dying man tears up as empathy horse locks eyes

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dying man tears up as empathy horse locks eyes
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted

Posts: 24724 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Horses can read people better than any animal I know.

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25711 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
They are amazing. Great video.

Mane in Heaven visited the place my Mom was living. They were the sweetest creatures and all the residents really seemed to enjoy the visits.

And a woman I used to work with runs this place with her husband.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
I am always astounded at the connection that can develop between humans and animals. And the various therapy animals really do so much good, it's beyond words.

I certainly am familiar with all the different kinds of therapy dogs, but this is the first I've seen a therapy horse. A full sized horse is so amazing to see if you're not someone who's around horses a lot.

Also those miniature horses are so dang cute!!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18524 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Just came back from lunch with a friend who is getting certified in equine therapy. We talked a lot about how this works. As a flight animal, horses are especially gifted at assisting people suffering from trauma. A big deep subject as to how and why.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21351 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
a flight animal

What does this mean?

Posts: 18524 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
It means they run first and ask questions later. Flight is their primary survival mechanism.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21351 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
It means they run first and ask questions later. Flight is their primary survival mechanism.

Ahh, got it.