well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Hey, where is everyone?

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hey, where is everyone?
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
We're stuck inside; it's been raining since late Saturday afternoon. Can't say as I mind, because we've been in the middle of a drought for a while.

Y'all must be out celebrating. Can someone throw a burger on the grill for me? Big Grin

--------------------------------
When the world wearies and society ceases to satisfy, there is always the garden - Minnie Aumônier

Posts: 38089 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
I hadn’t posted about my day today, because I didn’t want to make everyone jealous.

I’ve already done an entire load of laundry, and I’m planning on finally filing my 2022 tax return later this afternoon.

no rain for me, but it’s supposed to hit 100° here shortly so I will be spending some quality time with my air conditioner…

Posts: 10336 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
We're up in the great white north, where it's not white (more like 70 degrees) but still great, and still north.

All the fam and the dog have been gathered for a few days and, miraculously, no one has killed anyone.

Posts: 35399 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
We just had some rain here, and it left this in its wake.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18672 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
We’re at the lake (finally!) through July 5. It’s the first time we’ve stayed here when the weather is nice. Family and friends are staying with us in shifts, with the finale being a July 4 party with some 40 people.

I’ve been puttering and tinkering, Sharon has been cooking, and the grandkids are non stop in the bounce house. Three dogs, 4 watermelons, 2 kayaks, 15 pounds of ribs, 20 pounds of propane - we have it all!

Happy Independence Day!

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 35034 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
No rain for a few days, so no rainbows.
Think it got up to 72 today. Sunny with a breeze.
Before you hate me, think of the 441 inches of snow that fell here over the winter.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25758 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
In New York City, there are lots of predictions of rain, but very little actually happens.

I’m around, just haven’t posted much.

So here’s my daughter’s cat. He’s our house guest for a few days while she’s away.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13842 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
We took a trip to escape the NASCAR madness in our Chicago neighborhood...

Sounds like it was a mess with the weather!

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7575 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Decluttering.

Today I discarded my high school diploma.

Because who cares?

Posts: 19767 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Washing out chemical smell from 5 colored t-shirts.

Excited for the result but not in a celebratory mood.

Yeah, no.

Posts: 24848 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
We are back in Oklahoma, after a trip to New York. We saw the new Indiana Jones movie last night. Otherwise, just working.

Posts: 45782 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
We're stuck inside; it's been raining since late Saturday afternoon.

We got a couple of inches of needed rain. kluurs' area, OTOH, was hammered. A suburb close to him got almost 9" of rain yesterday.

https://wgntv.com/tom-skilling...ord-breaking-deluge/

When the world wearies and society ceases to satisfy, there is always the garden - Minnie Aumônier

Posts: 38089 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post