well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Photobucket Question

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Photobucket Question
 Login/Join

Gadfly
Picture of Big John
posted
I'm now on a paywall with Photobucket. I can't get in for anything. But I don't recall them notifying me. I have like 700 pics in there many of which are linked here and other sites.

What do we do? Pay them for a month of access and hope I can clear everything out in time?

--------------------------------
Another day in Paradise.

Posts: 3902 | Registered: 14 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Photobucket has gone to sh!t. Some time ago, they started blocking third-party linking (posting a pic on photobucket, then linking to it here, for example) unless you had a paid subscription. Now, they've put limits on a free account that makes it pretty much useless. I think it's 250 pictures or 25MB (yes, megabytes).

I won't get a paid subscription because I believe that they will change the terms yet again. I don't trust them.

I could still log in and delete a bunch of pictures down below 250, but I have no idea how many MB I have. I only kept some there so I could copy them off to another location.

Also, their website had become so carp-laden with ads and full-screen auto-run videos that navigating around it is slow and painful.

So, photobucket sucks.

If they won't even let you log in, I'm not sure what to do about that. By the way, what I got was that I logged in, and it showed me the paid account options again, I just clicked login again and it took me to my pictures. Try that?

Unfortunately, my benevolent employer blocks access to most of the free picture hosting sites. I've been using imgur with limited success.

--------------------------------
pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post