well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Roku deal

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Roku deal
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Don’t know if anyone is looking for a Roku streaming device, but Amazon has a great deal on various Roku devices.. I like this one, that Amazon usually sells for $45, that’s on sale for $20 if you’re a Prime member.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37941 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
That’s a great price!

I use Spectrum for broadband and installing Roku sticks on my older TVs allowed me to drop the cable TV service to save some $50/month. I use the Spectrum TV (app) for local channels and don’t miss anything I used to get via CATV.

I tried Google Chromecast and didn’t care for it. The connection to the phone was tenuous at best and trying to use it was far too complicated.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
I like Roku. Tried to convert Don a few years ago. After 5 weeks at his sister's recovering he wanted one. Got him a 4K+ like the one I use. Got a deal on the Roku website.
The picture is great and the remote works very well.
The Berlin Philharmoniker is available. We have not been to a concert in a couple of years. I watch that.
Plan to cut back further on cable. Basic is included in the HOA dues.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25711 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I just realized that I got the extra $10 off because I did this goofy stamp collect thing on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/cer/sta...d3-afb6-38e08eff3406

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37941 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Saw the $70 4K+ Roku I got for 40 on sale at Target for $25 yesterday.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25711 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post