well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Speaking of Christmas music....
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Speaking of Christmas music....
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted
All those years ago, probably in the old Coffee Room days, I made a Christmas playlist of rock and folk and jazz holiday music. I burned some cds and sent to all who requested. Wondering if anyone remembers or still listens? I just played for the first time this year myself. Everything from Springsteen to Roches to Bare Naked Ladies and many more.

Jf

--------------------------------
Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17682 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Hi

You were kind of enough to send them to me just a few years ago. I listen to those cds every year.

Flower

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37971 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
I still have mine! But my CD player is non-cooperative. I need to get it repaired, because I like the 5 CD changer, and can’t find another one that fits the space.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9802 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I wonder if it's possible to make a spotify/pandora/whatever playlist of these? (Thinking of AdagioM's CD quandary.)

Our CD player is in the basement and has never been unpacked from when we moved to the current house 10 years ago. We did drag up our old DVD player during the lockdown, though--and had a great time watching some of our old stuff: Upstairs, Downstairs, Downton Abbey, Homicide, and a bunch of great movies.

Posts: 35383 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
I wonder if it's possible to make a spotify/pandora/whatever playlist of these? (Thinking of AdagioM's CD quandary.)

Our CD player is in the basement and has never been unpacked from when we moved to the current house 10 years ago. We did drag up our old DVD player during the lockdown, though--and had a great time watching some of our old stuff: Upstairs, Downstairs, Downton Abbey, Homicide, and a bunch of great movies.

I don’t pay for Spotify so I don’t think I can.

Jf

Posts: 17682 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
And happy to send a cd to anyone who PM me an address, IF I can remember how to burn a cd!

Jf

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
I still have mine! Need to find it.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20467 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
And just like that, I look to the right at my little countertop desk unit

And there it is!

Smiler Jodi

Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
Do you have a list of the songs that would be easy to copy and paste? Or photograph and post. (I'm not asking you to type it all out, because it's sounds like a long list!)

We don't have a CD player any more, other than the one in my car, but we could build our own on Spotify.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15518 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
I still had mine as of few months ago, though it seems to have gotten misplaced. The only CD player I have anymore is in my car so it's probably in the pile that came out of my old minivan and never made it back to the new minivan.

Love love love that Tori Amos Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas!

Posts: 4411 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
I’ll pm you the list - It’s not on the CD, but my phone recognized all but 3 of the artists (track 2, 7, 12)

Smiler Jodi

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Looks like 7 is Tori Amos!

Smiler Jodi

Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
I still have a CD player, even on the Mac!

Would love a copy. I'll PM on FB my address in case you don't have it any more...

Thank you.

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Private messaged the list to MA. The only ones I’m not sure of are track 2 (Seems to be a duet of Jinle Bells, possible Frank Sinatra - and a female) and track 12 which is an instrumental - guitar and fiddle of Angels we have heard on high.

Smiler Jodi

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Can you PM me the list? I can put up a public spotify for those who use it. Smiler

Posts: 35383 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post