well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Fall has Fallen
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fall has Fallen
 Login/Join

knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
I was planning to pickle my green cherry tomatoes, but I haven’t yet, and many of them are ripening in the bowl.

--------------------------------
http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9802 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Great idea! You inspired me to go out and pick all the green tomatoes and to start looking for quick pickle recipes. I just need to pop over to the store and get some apple cider vinegar.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Woot

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37970 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Hey Adagio...I'm just getting to processing my green tomatoes and some of them have ripened just a bit, a tinge of yellow. Can I still pickle them, or should I pick them out and let them ripen for plain eating?

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37970 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
Hey Adagio...I'm just getting to processing my green tomatoes and some of them have ripened just a bit, a tinge of yellow. Can I still pickle them, or should I pick them out and let them ripen for plain eating?

I’m sorry to say that I never got around to pickling mine, and I have just been eating them as they ripen!

I’d say to pickle the green ones, and wait for the yellow ones…

Posts: 9802 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Snow tomorrow! Big Grin

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25720 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Lucky you! Smiler

Posts: 24736 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Low in 50's here overnight next Tuesday.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
What we call Not Winter is ending and Almost Winter is beginning.
The other seasons are Winter and Post Winter.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25720 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
It snowed one day out of the three years I lived in Sarasota. It was almost magical. A good friend and I walked from our dorm down to the water.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Fall continues to fall. We cleaned up the yard two days ago.

This morning:

At least it will make a lot of good leaf compost...

Bazootiehead-in-training

knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
I’m waiting for more of the leaves to fall off the plum trees by the street; I only want to rake them once. And if my landscape dudes get to them before I do, I won’t be sad.

It looked like we wouldn’t have a good color season, but things suddenly popped last week and it has been gorgeous, even in the rain.