Find
Notify
Tools

Monkey
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted

We got Monkey over a month ago. Lisa's thread reminded me that I had not posted anything about him.

Monkey has a very long tail. It is so long I wonder whether that indicates that he will be huge.
He thinks he is special. He was the most special cat at the pound that day.
Gypsy, the older cat, did not welcome him. They are ok now.

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25724 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Sweet kitty!

We had a cat named Mynkie.

https://youtu.be/jGb8EKwDkBE

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37972 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Beautiful boy!

I am just not ready to get a cat again.. Mine, Lotus and Sushi, lived to ripe old ages..At this point if I were to get a kitten it would most likely out live me!

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
He's so cute! My first cat ever was a Siamese.... he was an awesome dude. Love Monkey's name too!

Posts: 4411 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Always wanted a cat. I love their attitude.

Unfortunately I’m allergic to them.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34979 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
He does seem very special…hanging out on the top shelf like that.

We have a similar cat tree thingy. We spent some time today making repairs. Mrs pj used a length of rope and a hot glue gun to replace the destroyed fabric on one of the posts.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BeeLady:
Beautiful boy!

I am just not ready to get a cat again.. Mine, Lotus and Sushi, lived to ripe old ages..At this point if I were to get a kitten it would most likely out live me!

Not quite yet.

I was just thinking today that Loki and Rogue are going to be my second-to-last cats. I hope I'm around long enough for one more set.

Posts: 45760 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
Always wanted a cat. I love their attitude.

Unfortunately I’m allergic to them.

I used to be (based on allergy testing). I no longer am (again, based on allergy testing).

Great looking cat, Chas. Looks happy.

Posts: 45760 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on Monkey! They do love the heights, don’t they?

We kept our daughters cat while she was away over the summer. She brought over a cat tree like yours, just a different arrangement of platforms. Her cat is rather heavy (though not fat) and two of the platforms collapsed when he jumped onto them (he was fine). We replaced it with a much sturdier model at Costco.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13818 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Vacation to Post
Picture of Qaanaaq-Liaaq
posted Hide Post
Cute cat. Cats like heights, to hide, and to jump. He looks a little like a long haired Siamese because of the dark points. I used to have a seal point Siamese. Is he a Balinese? My sister has two Balinese cats.

Posts: 1411 | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
The pound lady said he is closest to a Himalayan. Hope his hair does not become long. It is short so far.
He has two gray tabbies and one that looked like a Russian Blue as siblings from the same litter.
The Pink Panther video is still funny every time I see it.
I am allergic to cats, but not as much as to dogs. Some dogs bother me a lot others not at all. The cats aggravate my allergy problems when the pollen count is high and not much at other times.

Posts: 25724 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
He's beautiful. And I agree he's more Himalayan than Siamese.

Very regal, up there on Mt Everest.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13565 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Thanks to each of you.
Will pass the compliments on to Monkey.

Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Beautiful cat!

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13818 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post