well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    WTF Christmas Party - post your holiday photos here
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTF Christmas Party - post your holiday photos here
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Merry Christmas to all my friends at WTF!

If you feel like it, please post a pic. Doesn't have to be from this year, maybe something from the past.

I wanted to take a pic of mr wtg and me together, but by neighbor who stopped by day before yesterday with a bouquet of flowers and stood in the front hall for five minutes, socially distanced but not masked, just texted me and said her 17 year old daughter tested positive this morning...I'm self-isolating just in case....

Bad photos, but it's the thought that counts....

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37884 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Today we made lots of music, I made lasagna for Christmas Eve dinner, and Andrew (our son) was teaching himself to model/render on the computer in my studio (his old gaming computer).

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20452 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Just a quiet night at home!

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7554 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Love your big windows!

Smiler Jodi

knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Jodi, is lasagne a thing for Christmas Eve? That’s what I made, too! It’s Mr. AM’s favorite dinner. We’re just hanging out at home today.

Tomorrow we’ll do a dinner potluck/take it back to your own house with my family. One sister is doing prime rib on the Traeger, I’m making Chinese sausage/oyster fried rice for the side (yes, I use it for turkey stuffing, too), and other sister is making apple cake. I’m also making a flourless chocolate torte. Never too many desserts. Oh, roasting brussels sprouts, too.

Kids will come pick up their dinner from my porch, and presents, too.

chunky korknisse

Merry Christmas!

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9799 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Here’s our tree and festive piano:

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18439 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
I was actually going to make lasagna tomorrow but I’m feeling lazy so I’m making regular pasta I stress, with meat sauce and sausages. And I got yummy bread to make headlock bread (which we never do) and also assortments of loved and cheeses. And some fancy cake thing that I think Mr. SK will like! (Fingers crossed!)

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18439 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
First time I’ve made lasagna for Christmas Eve. Just sounded good! I got a prime rib for tomorrow.

Smiler Jodi

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
We are having a quiet day, just the two of u s. We'd planned to do lots of hiking, but Mr. Pique had a bad fall on the ice the other night, broke ribs, and is in terrible pain. Luckily my sports medicine doc offers walk ins, and they xrayed and made sure he hadn't punctured a lung. He's blissed out on Norco now, but it's going to be a long 6-8 weeks before he's healed up.

Tomorrow I'm making Rock Cornish game hens. Not all that big on Xmas but this year the lights really help brighten up the isolation. I'm getting Mr Pique a new treadmill so he can train for a marathon without falling on ice again. Mr Pique is getting me remote cameras and hot water for the barn. Stepson took his new gf to Hawaii for the holidays--they had to be tested multiple times to get in. We've attended some zoom holiday gatherings and the neighbors come by with the cookie rounds.

Here's a bit of our decor (if I can remember how to do this!)

Guess not. Well they are posted on FB

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21347 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Oh no, Mr. Pique! Hope he heals fast. New treadmill is a great idea. And hot water in the barn! I would love that.

Smiler Jodi

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Wow, sorry to hear that pique. I thought I had it bad; I fell and cracked my knee into the edge of the bricks on the front porch last week. Amazing how everything changes in a heartbeat.

Hope he heals quickly!

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37884 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Oh ouch, WTG. Frowner

Smiler Jodi

knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
SK, I love the twinkling lights on your piano!

I didn’t decorate indoors, just hanging the stockings. Outside, I knit fairy lights for our wreath.

Pique, I hope Mr. PK heals quickly and well. OUCH!

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9799 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
I love seeing all of these photos!

Smiler Jodi

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jodi:
Love your big windows!

Us too - we've become used to looking out over Lake Michigan every day...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7554 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post