well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Shopper nostalgia - Zellers

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shopper nostalgia - Zellers
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
Zellers, a once-popular, low-cost department store in Canada, was forced to shut its doors 10 years ago. It will soon make a comeback, with hopes that shoppers' nostalgia for the brand will revive it. But is sentimentality enough to bring a business back from the dead?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-63924365

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
Everything in this article is spot on. I feel that nostalgia, I was annoyed with Target for first, taking over and botching it and, later, for pulling out. But Zellers inside the (kind of failing) Hudson’s Bay stores isn’t going to work.

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4092 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
Unrelated to the thread topic, I am happy to see WTG posting today. I always enjoy the various random topics she posts about, and I think it had been a couple of weeks. (Or, I haven’t been paying attention which is always possible also…)

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
I second Doug’s sentiments.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13814 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post