well-temperedforum.groupee.net
So my daughters thermometer has quit working.

This topic can be found at:
https://well-temperedforum.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9130004433/m/6623950497

19 March 2020, 10:20 PM
Nina
So my daughters thermometer has quit working.
Seriously, and why now??
19 March 2020, 10:49 PM
jodi
Ok, so I just have to find a 1216 battery. going to look in our stash...

--------------------------------
Smiler Jodi

19 March 2020, 11:19 PM
Steve Miller
Lots of those batteries available online. Just have to figure out delivery.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

19 March 2020, 11:25 PM
jodi
I’m going to see if I can find one here and stick it in the mail, amazon said something about halting delivery on non-essentials (I thought)

Smiler Jodi

19 March 2020, 11:26 PM
QuirtEvans
quote:
Originally posted by jodi:
I’m going to see if I can find one here and stick it in the mail, amazon said something about halting delivery on non-essentials (I thought)

No, they’re not taking deliveries into their warehouses from suppliers. They are still shipping out what they have.
19 March 2020, 11:32 PM
jodi
The issue is that the dorm isn’t accepting packages - so it needs to look like a letter.

Smiler Jodi

19 March 2020, 11:32 PM
jodi
I mean, they are apparently holding packages, and not delivering them. Or something like that. For a month.

Smiler Jodi

19 March 2020, 11:39 PM
QuirtEvans
quote:
Originally posted by jodi:
I mean, they are apparently holding packages, and not delivering them. Or something like that. For a month.

Seriously? That’s one of the safest ways to get food.
20 March 2020, 01:28 AM
kluurs
Amazon will deliver to lockers which are likely close to her. They have them at whole foods for example.
20 March 2020, 01:34 AM
Steve Miller
Doesn’t she know anyone with a car?

Life is short. Play with your dog.

20 March 2020, 01:48 AM
Nina
Ship it to me if it doesn't look like a letter. I can take it to her!
20 March 2020, 04:07 AM
Mary Anna
I posted last night just before I crashed hard and went to bed. I see that I left out the key piece of information that Muffin's Sister used the thermometer that her friends gave her and her temperature was normal.

She has no other symptoms, so I think all is well for now. I'll be talking to her today and will find out if she's still feeling okay.

quote:
Originally posted by Mary Anna:
Muffin's sister felt a little warm this afternoon. She couldn't get a thermometer locally and she couldn't order one on Amazon. Couldn't get any Tylenol, either.

I freaked out a little and ran to UPS to rush her a thermometer. I threw a baggie with a few Tylenols in it, too.

Hy the time I got home, her angelic friends had combed the Phoenix area and found one. They couldn't find her any regular Tylenol, but they got her some Tylenol PM. I told her to hang onto my thermometer in case one of her angelic friends needed it. The Tylenol will be useful if she needs it, because it doesn't seem good to be sleepy all day and night. It would make it hard to hydrate and take care of yourself.

Oh, who am I kidding? Her tough start in life left her with some unknown degree of scarring in her lungs. If she gets sick, I'll be in a car driving down there.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

20 March 2020, 12:17 PM
CHAS
1216 battery
You have probably seen that. Sent it anyway

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

20 March 2020, 12:34 PM
pianojuggler
Knock knock...

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

20 March 2020, 01:17 PM
CHAS
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:
Knock knock...

Who is there?

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.