well-temperedforum.groupee.net
Is Pence safe?

This topic can be found at:
https://well-temperedforum.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9130004433/m/6613926497

09 July 2020, 02:47 PM
wtg
Is Pence safe?
https://nymag.com/intelligence...anger-for-trump.html

I wouldn't put it past Trump to dump Pence. Good reality TV and distraction.

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

09 July 2020, 02:53 PM
Piano*Dad
Are you thinking "drop the dull white guy and add the brown woman Haley ... that'll shake things up!"

Well, yes, that would indeed shake things up ... by pissing off the only reliable part of his base. Pence gives Trump street cred among conservative evangelicals. I'm having a difficult time imagining anyone else on the ticket who passes a cost-benefit test.

Then again, Trump follows his own genius hunches, so who knows what the f**k he'll do.
09 July 2020, 03:17 PM
wtg
I don't think Haley would do it.

What about Rubio?

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

09 July 2020, 04:05 PM
Piano*Dad
You mean Liddle Marco?
09 July 2020, 08:08 PM
QuirtEvans
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:

Trump follows his own genius hunches, so who knows what the f**k he'll do.

That's the problem with analysis. You apply logic and rigorous thinking, and then you have to confront the fact that you're talking about Trump.
11 July 2020, 09:30 AM
Daniel
...as long as he doesn't dine with woman. Leaving
11 July 2020, 09:56 AM
pianojuggler
I would first hope that Pence clinging so fiercely to I-1's coattails (calling him "father"???) has torpedoed Pence's chance of being elected President. But the white evangelical voters are a loyal bunch, so I wouldn't bet on that.

Being VP -- especially for two terms -- is a good way to get elected President. (Even better, being VP for a few days more than six years, then taking over for a dead President, then you are the incumbent *and* you can serve a further two full terms.)

So, I hope even more vigorously that I-1 jettison's Pence.

The problem with Pence is that he has a track record of getting stuff done (as Governor)... but the stuff he wants to get done is not what we want... he would turn the country into a theocracy, impose Christian Sharia law, and basically take us back to the Middle Ages as a society and culture. No, thank you.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

11 July 2020, 07:16 PM
Horace
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:
The problem with Pence is that he has a track record of getting stuff done (as Governor)... but the stuff he wants to get done is not what we want... he would turn the country into a theocracy, impose Christian Sharia law, and basically take us back to the Middle Ages as a society and culture. No, thank you.

I bet he wouldn't really do that.
11 July 2020, 08:14 PM
LL
Pence is worse than Trump...

Oh, wait a minute...hmmm, let me think on that a little more...

The earth laughs in flowers

12 July 2020, 01:07 PM
pianojuggler
quote:
Originally posted by Horace:
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:

I bet he wouldn't really do that.
Maybe you need to read up on what he "accomplished" as governor of Indiana. He will work with all the vigor God gave him to move the U.S. as far down that path as he can.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

12 July 2020, 01:09 PM
pianojuggler
quote:
Originally posted by LL:
Pence is worse than Trump...

Oh, wait a minute...hmmm, let me think on that a little more...
Like saying gonorrhea is worse than syphilis. Both are horrible, but in different ways.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com