well-temperedforum.groupee.net
An outbreak, a COVID test, and back to work tomorrow

This topic can be found at:
https://well-temperedforum.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9130004433/m/6593912597

25 November 2020, 08:41 PM
dolmansaxlil
An outbreak, a COVID test, and back to work tomorrow
My school was in “outbreak” (which in a public setting here is defined as any spread - minimum of 2 cases - in a setting... we only had three confirmed cases). Two cases in my class, so 14 days ago my class and the other grade 3/4 class (we play with them at recess) were sent home. COVID test last Friday for me, with a negative result. I’m back to work in the classroom tomorrow.

Of the three known cases, only one (the first) was symptomatic. But both classes and all staff in contact were required to do 14 days in isolation and get tested, so that’s where the other two positives came from.

Of the schools in outbreak in the area, we got off easy. My friend is the principal of a school that had to be shut down because their outbreak spread. Luckily we haven’t had any serious illness as a result of school spread locally. Not yet, anyway.

--------------------------------
"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

25 November 2020, 08:44 PM
wtg
So glad to hear you're ok!

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training