well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Look out, Louis. I think I see a bus coming.

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Look out, Louis. I think I see a bus coming.
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
President Donald Trump said Monday that he would support an investigation into Postmaster General Louis DeJoy, who has donated more than $1.2 million to Trump’s campaign, following calls for the postmaster general to be investigated or step down over a report that alleged he illegally reimbursed employees who made political donations at his former company, New Breed Logistics.

The Washington Post reported Sunday that DeJoy allegedly pressured New Breed employees to donate to Republican candidates from 2000 to 2014 as he was growing his profile as a GOP fundraiser, and that he reimbursed them through company bonuses, which, if true, would likely constitute an illegal straw-donor scheme.

When asked at a press conference whether he’d support an investigation into DeJoy, Trump said “sure,” adding, “I think let the investigations go, but he’s a very respected man.”

Trump also said that if “something can be proven” and DeJoy “did something wrong,” then he should be removed from office.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/a...ations/#7f8910b53419

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post