well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    The decluttering goes on
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The decluttering goes on
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Sounds smart.
The original owner does all the work - EXCEPT the listing online and the shipping (which involves so much calculation based on distance and return shipping too if necessary).

And another issue I was figuring would make being a seller impossible is also avoided - you don't have to create an online personality/reputation which is pretty much the only way you can sell on EBAY.

Just wondering about one thing - all the new nuisance regs with the IRS. Do you have to have some way to prove its original valuation, so as to have some kind of record of your gain or loss? That could be terribly complicated. Including subtracting the cost of selling through SELLA itself.

The pricing (mostly based on checking sold items on eBay, I guess) can be tricky. Do you have any ideas about other ways to come up with a valuation?

(Of course, this is all a pipe dream for me as the chances of such a branch opening in central PA is like super zilch. Frowner)

--------------------------------
The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
WTG you already figured out the key selling point, immaculate presentation and good photos.
Sella stresses every other page how important that is!

I wonder if it's worth hanging onto my nicer stuff in hopes this biz will get to my area before I myself reach expiration date. I find myself regretting some things I've already given away.

--------------------------------
The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post