well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    3D Buddha print time-lapse.

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

3D Buddha print time-lapse.
 Login/Join

Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted
Starting to get all the variables configured and this is my best time-lapse to date. Almost cut the top of the head off. Too close to the top to call this good. Also working on Image quality. Working with the Raspberry Pi HQ Camera. Everything is set to default values. I am working on a new camera mount that rides the Z axis (Vertical) following the print nozzle. It's another effect to add to the time-lapse to make it more interesting.

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Very Zen.

Cool

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37975 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Wait, what??

So, that's your 3D printer?? And you're working on time lapse photography (videography)???

Wow!!!! Very cool!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18585 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
Very Zen.

Cool

He became one with our universe.

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34980 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
Wait, what??

So, that's your 3D printer?? And you're working on time lapse photography (videography)???

Wow!!!! Very cool!

Yes! and yes!

I bought a Prusa i3 MK3S+ kit from the Czech Republic first quarter of this year. My youngest daughter and I spent a few evenings assembling the printer and getting to know quite a bit about 3D printing, just by building the printer. Then the real fun began...

We printed all sorts of things. I even started to learn parametric design. Something I did not even know existed. It intrigued me so much that I am still in that learning process 6 months later. Also learned how to use 3D CAD and Rendering software, as well as the 3D slicing software that produces the G-Code that the printer uses to print. It's the same code that runs CNC Machine tools like Mills, Lathes, multi-axis machine tools, etc.

We started out printing fun stuff. We still do print fun stuff. Heck, most of the stuff we print is for fun.

The whistle was the first functional print we made after all the calibration test prints were finished.

It actually works and is very loud.

The tree frog family was next.

Then an articulated octopus. It required no post-processing. It just flops its arms around.

A Benchy boat (the small one in the foreground) and a Ghost Benchy printed at 300% size using color changing rainbow filament. That was a 33 hour print job.

Then an automaton... A sea turtle that swims when you turn the crank. The flippers move up and down as the entire body of the turtle moves front to back. This was a multi part object that just snapped together and worked perfectly after printing.

A dragon from Game of Thrones and a knight. The are on display inside my PC along with Gandalf who supports the Graphics Card with his shoulder. lol I will try to get a good photo of that.

Micro baby Groot. About the size of a nickel.

A candle mold and candle made with the mold.

A functional recorder! The first musical instrument we printed.

My first original designs were for a G4 Doorbell mounting plate to let me adhere the doorbell to the stone exterior of our house and a tone-arm lock for my new turntable that did not come with one.

An early version of the tonearm lock. I have to get new photos of the "production model"

Wow! Long post. lol

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
wowowowowow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's quite an impressive collection you're amassing there!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18585 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post