well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    I get old single white dudes, what do you get?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I get old single white dudes, what do you get?
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted
Usually with a military background. Sending me a friend request on facebook. About once a week. (Yes, I realize the sender is not as photographed) I laugh and delete them. Here is today’s, supposedly from Afghanistan. (Accidentally cropped that our of the picture)

--------------------------------
Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20462 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
As an old single white dude, I guess I need to go check to see if Jodis deleted me off Facebook…

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
Yep. Old single white dudes. Usually with a last name that could also be a first name, like this John Richard who wants to be your friend. (I have no idea why this is a thing with these friend requests. Probably something to do with difficulties of people from other cultures in knowing typical surnames and forenames.

They are often military, sometimes with uniforms that don't match the branch of the military they claim. And they're high-ranking. Generals, even!

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15513 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug:
As an old single white dude, I guess I need to go check to see if Jodis deleted me off Facebook…

ROTFLMAO

Posts: 12539 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
I don't get any "friend request" on Facebook at all.
Then again, I don't use Facebook all that much.

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12692 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
I get military guys of many ages. All are ready to
pledge love and honor so long as I pay the bills.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25711 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:

ROTFLMAO

Posts: 25711 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
Is there a market for old married white dudes?

Jf

Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17680 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I'm not on FB very much, and rarely if ever post. But even I've gotten a few friend requests--but mine are generally not SWDs. I seem to prefer the swarthy Mediterranean types--in other words, folks from the Middle East.

Um, nope. Not gonna friend you. Big Grin

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
I read about a scam where scammers posing as military men friend women on FB to try to get a relationship start and swindle them out of money. Probably that.

I get a moderate number of friend requests that seem to fit that description, the name is a little off, their friend list is too empty (or includes a lot of names that are also somehow off).

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18524 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
I also get scantily clad females looking for true love I am sure. I get one a day, sometimes more.
I get more females than males.
The most recent male was tempting I must say. Smiler

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
quote:

*snort, snort, snort* Big Grin

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20462 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
I get these about once a week on FB, usually because I’ve forgotten to lock down a post to friends only instead of public.

And I get 2-4 of these DAILY on Instagram. I block them all. If they’re particularly egregious, I report them as spam. They’re usually allegedly military, or doctors. Widowed, of course. And they have a kid, just to appeal to that maternal instinct. YUCK.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9801 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
This is from one I am stringing along.
it is time to shut this one down.
It came about 24 hours after I accepted his friend request.

"The friendship I have had in my heart for you has ripened into a deeper feeling, a feeling more beautiful, more pure, more sacred. Dare I name it? Ah! It is love which makes me so bold! I can’t stop thinking about you."

Falls in love rather quickly I must say. If I were not so very irresistible I might think this is part of a scam. Smiler

knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:
This is from one I am stringing along.
it is time to shut this one down.
It came about 24 hours after I accepted his friend request.

"The friendship I have had in my heart for you has ripened into a deeper feeling, a feeling more beautiful, more pure, more sacred. Dare I name it? Ah! It is love which makes me so bold! I can’t stop thinking about you."

Falls in love rather quickly I must say. If I were not so very irresistible I might think this is part of a scam. Smiler

Twoo luv!

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9801 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post