well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    "COVID 8TH DAY VACCINE ARM" - I have it!

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"COVID 8TH DAY VACCINE ARM" - I have it!
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted
Started itching in the middle of the night, and then again a half hour ago. "Oh, well, I must have been bitten by something", I told my son. Then I began to wonder how anything could have bitten me through my long sleeved top.

Naturally, I began to Google and found this startling article.
(How so, exactly eight days??) I'll register on the requisite sites (and write this doctor) and inform my PCP.

I'll also follow up other people's experiences re reactions, if any, after the second shot. (I immediately began to worry about getting the second shot, and possible anaphylaxis if that shot evinces a worse reaction. ).

Looks like everyone else is just going ahead and having theirs, but insofaras I know noone has reported how they fared after #2 and its full recovery period. I will say I'm not crazy about the idea of having it in the "other" arm, in my case my writing arm. It could really incapacitate me if it's worse - why I asked her to jab me in the left!

BTW I also landed on the second article linked below, and was surprised to see that nowhere in its 54 pages about recorded vaccine reactions, do they mention this one (per the writer of the Psychology Today article, many mentions have since appeared online. "People are saying...")

Should I feel special? WTF (It's VERY red and itchy)

"8th day vaccine arm"

FDA Vaccine 'Briefing' - this is the Moderna section

PS It IS strange that almost all victims are female and running the gamut of ages. Confused

--------------------------------
The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
OTOH Covid will likely kill you, so there is that.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 35081 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting this, Amanda. I hadn't heard of it previously. I prefer knowing more than less. I can deal with things if they come up, but I'm not fond of surprises.....

How are you feeling today?

When the world wearies and society ceases to satisfy, there is always the garden - Minnie Aumônier

Posts: 38203 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Hmm, I'm trying to remember what my SIL got (Moderna or Pfizer) but she got "covid arm" too, about 7 days after the shot. It went away pretty quickly, I hope yours does too, Amanda!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18847 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Comfort

Posts: 25195 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post