well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Redactle
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Redactle
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
You guys aren't gonna believe me....

Congratulations, you solved Redactle #18!
The answer was: *******
You solved it in 14 guesses
Your accuracy was 64.29%

No cheating today....

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37895 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
I solved today's Redactle (#18) in 51 guesses with an accuracy of 49.02%. Played at https://www.redactle.com/

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4091 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
50 for me. A little easier than yesterday!

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20456 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
213 guesses today.

I have ZERO background in the subject matter. I figured out the general topic around guess #100, but it took me a LONG time to stumble on the combination of words I needed for the title!

Posts: 4091 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
#19 *** 51 guesses 17.65% accuracy

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12689 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Tough one today, for me, too. I was just throwing words against the wall and seeing what stuck.
No real understanding of the umbrella topic but am familiar with the vocabulary associated with it. (huh?)

76 guesses, 57.89% accuracy.

I wish we had a spoiler feature here, so we could post our guesses without spoiling the game for anyone who hasn't done it yet. I would love to see how other people approach getting to the answer....

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37895 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
26 guesses, 84.62% accuracy. I’m guessing today was a bit easier than most. I got bored yesterday after about 100 guesses. What did I miss?

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
I got bored yesterday after about 100 guesses. What did I miss?

Yesterday's was awful, at least for me. I can think of several people here who probably could have gotten it pretty quickly.

Yesterday's redactle

Bazootiehead-in-training

Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
Today:

I solved today's Redactle (#20) in 5 guesses with an accuracy of 100.00%. Played at https://www.redactle.com/

Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
#20 *** 35 guesses 74.29% accuracy

I believe I arrived at the right general category by the 8th guess, but it took me until the 20th guess to get to a solid connection to the subject matter and until the 34th guess to arrive at the right subject matter.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, you solved Redactle #20!
The answer was: ***
You solved it in 3 guesses
Your accuracy was 100.00%

Congratulations, you solved Redactle #21!
You solved it in 91 guesses
Your accuracy was 49.45%

Bazootiehead-in-training

Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
#21 *** 21 guesses 57.14% accuracy

Took 9 guesses to arrive at the right general category, then 12 more guesses to arrive at the right subject matter.

Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
#22 *** 57 guesses 43.86% accuracy

Took 33 guesses to arrive at the right general subject area, then another 24 guesses to arrive at the right subject matter.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, you solved Redactle #22!
You solved it in 38 guesses
Your accuracy was 68.42%

Got to the overall subject in 28....

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Omg it took me FOREVER to get today’s puzzle. I was thinking it was way more complicated that it actually was!

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20456 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post