well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    The Saga of Don
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Saga of Don
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
It's almost impossible to realize that Don (and you) have been going through all this for EIGHTEEN years.

I continue to be amazed that he has stood it all (again, you too) for so long. It's really a blessing you didn't realize how long it was going to last when it began.

Such stoicism that man has and what patience and care you have had standing by him! If justice had anything to do with it, he would have beat that relentless foe by now.

--------------------------------
The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Sending hugs, Chas. Comfort

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21352 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry, Chas. Comfort

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20467 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
twit
Beatification Candidate
Picture of kluurs
posted Hide Post
Ugh - very sorry to hear. You both have been through a lot together.

Posts: 9598 | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
I'm really, really sorry to hear this, Chas.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15514 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
That's rough on both of you. I'm really sorry to hear about Don's latest setbacks.

Posts: 35383 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Today I learned that he has talked of suicide to his sister and our neighbor a lot.
His sister stopped by this morning on her way to the hospital to pick up some of his medical supplies. He
asked her to bring four fentanyl patches with the other things.
We don't have fentanyl patches, of course, but he is becoming more outspoken about his intentions.
I will not help him "do himself in", I do think trying to stop him will be futile.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25713 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
I’m so, so sorry Chas!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18569 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Comfort

Posts: 24732 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:
Today I learned that he has talked of suicide to his sister and our neighbor a lot.
His sister stopped by this morning on her way to the hospital to pick up some of his medical supplies. He
asked her to bring four patches with the other things.
We don't have fentanyl patches, of course, but he is becoming more outspoken about his intentions.
I will not help him "do himself in", I do think trying to stop him will be futile.

I'm assuming there isn't physician assisted suicide in Colorado? They have it in Hawaii. They don't have it in Florida.

Fentanyl will kill a person easily. I used a fentanyl patch once. I thought I was dying. I fell asleep instead. It was a nightmarish experience.

Posts: 24732 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Oh no. I’m sorry Chas.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33801 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all.
Talked to him this morning. He sounds ok.

Posts: 25713 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Found this:
"In 2016, Colorado voters approved Proposition 106, “Access to Medical Aid In Dying,” which amends Colorado statutes to include the Colorado End-of-life Options Act (hereinafter “Act”) at Article 48 of Title 25, C.R.S. "
A physician would have to state that he has six months or less to live.
Do I tell him about this?

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Could you talk to someone, say in the Death With Dignity organization, and see what they might say? Maybe they could provide some useful guidance based on their experience. Or direct you to other resources.

Perhaps do that before broaching the subject with him.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37961 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Thank you