well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Private insurance adjusters -- any experience?

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Private insurance adjusters -- any experience?
 Login/Join

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted
We're still getting the run-around from our insurance company about the major damage to our house that occurred during January's ice storms. We've had people suggest hiring a private insurance adjuster to advocate for us.

Do any of you have any experience with this, or any stories to tell? We're not sure if this might be worthwhile for us.

Posts: 35428 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Nina I’m really sorry to hear that you’re having Tori own with your insurance provider, esp after so much time has passed!!

This is the first I’ve ever heard of a private insurance adjuster, so I can’t help you.

How do they make their money? I assume they charge you? Do they get some money from the insurance company?

Is there some insurance version of what NYT sometimes does with people who are getting the run around from airlines? Some where you can contact to amplify your issue and put a fire under the instance co’s butt?

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18859 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
I'm afraid I am also of no help. But I would like to know who your insurance company is. We regularly reassess all our insurance coverage and make changes if we can get a better deal. I'd like to know what companies to avoid.

Very sorry you are going through this. Frowner

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21538 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Have no experience with insurance adjusters but did a little research...

Oddly, it seems that the person you'd be looking for to advocate on your behalf is called either a public or a private insurance adjuster.

Findlaw has an explanation of what they do and when it makes sense to hire one:

https://www.findlaw.com/consum...urance-adjuster.html

Sorry to hear you're having probs with State Farm (I think that's who you mentioned in your original post about the frozen pipes). We're also with them. I'll definitely be following your story.

Hugs and here's hoping you can get things straightened out.

When the world wearies and society ceases to satisfy, there is always the garden - Minnie Aumônier

Posts: 38214 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post