well-temperedforum.groupee.net
Just Looking ...

This topic can be found at:
https://well-temperedforum.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9130004433/m/6323966697

05 December 2021, 09:15 AM
Piano*Dad
Just Looking ...
Get it Before Global Warming Does ...

I'm ordinarily not a "beach" person. I don't like lolling in the sun. And I don't want a beach home. The maintenance issues are terrible, not to mention that minor annoyance of occasional category three+ hurricanes. This appeals to me because it's waterfront rather than beach, and has some land on the peninsula for a garden retreat.

Oh, there is the price. Big downer. Wink
05 December 2021, 09:40 AM
QuirtEvans
I really like that house. Some of the ornate touches in the interior are a bit much for me, but that's a minor thing. The views are spectacular. The only thing missing are mountains.
05 December 2021, 10:00 AM
wtg
So is the week of February 13th available?

Big Grin

It's lovely and the views are of course drop dead gorgeous. I would do blinds of some sort rather than the draperies.

I wonder how many people it takes to maintain the landscaping...and the house proper....

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

05 December 2021, 10:17 AM
Steve Miller
“Yes you can come in. Take off your shoes and don’t touch anything. “

“Here’s where we want the chandelier. Don’t drop it. No we won’t move the piano.”

Life is short. Play with your dog.

05 December 2021, 11:04 AM
Mikhailoh
You'd best write some more books....

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

05 December 2021, 11:36 AM
ShiroKuro
quote:
No we won’t move the piano

Darn, I was hoping there'd be a piano in the listing photos. Checking out piano rooms is my main reason for looking at Zillow...

Re the house itself, how long before it will be under water? Frowner

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

05 December 2021, 01:07 PM
Piano*Dad
It'll probably be fine for many decades. It's built on a bluff above the Lynnhaven river, so it'll likely be OK with any moderate sea level rise.
05 December 2021, 04:19 PM
piqué
Lovely home. But no beach!

fear is the thief of dreams