well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Eyedrops to replace reading glasses just approved
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Eyedrops to replace reading glasses just approved
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted
Sounds too good to be true.
Don't worry about misplacing yr close-up glasses anymore

Very ingenious, but not for night-time driving (How do users get rid of the drops' effect if they find they DO need to drive later than expected.)

--------------------------------
The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Pilocarpine is a very old first-line treatment for high intra-ocular pressure (glaucoma). I use it. I'm betting the number of people with presbyopia who will want to do this is quite small, and the value to big pharma will be small too. There is no patent protection here for the basic active ingredient.

Posts: 12537 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Great solution for lost reading glasses. But what about if I lose the bottle of drops? suave

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21351 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
My eyes are getting old. I know it. My readers went from 1.25 to 1.75 in two years. I had a pair of prescription glasses three years ago. I should probably get another pair.

Posts: 24724 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
MrsTuner went to the eye doc this week and asked about this while there... They hadn't heard of it yet!

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7556 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
I'm not risking my vision until this has been studied for a good long time.

Posts: 19763 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Big John
posted Hide Post
You haven't LIVED until you take off your glasses and accidentally use the ultra-concentrated mint in the dropper bottle that you put on your tongue instead of the Visine.

Eeker

Another day in Paradise.

Posts: 3902 | Registered: 14 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Now that I’ve had two cataract operations, one of them quite recent, I’m getting used to reading glasses, and don’t need any further excitement for a while.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13814 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Big John
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RealPlayer:
Now that I’ve had two cataract operations, one of them quite recent, I’m getting used to reading glasses, and don’t need any further excitement for a while.

did you hear about the Chinese guy who went to the Chinese eye doctor?

Eye doctor looked him over and said "Ah! So! You have cataracts!"

The patient said "No I don't!!!! I have Rincoln Continentals!"

Woot

Another day in Paradise.

knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big John:
quote:

Woot

I nearly got into a fistfight with an old geezer who decided to tell this joke LOUDLY to the technician at the eye doc’s office, right after he looked at me and my mom. I was PISSED.

Just having a flashback over here…

Also, my vision is way past. the point where this eyedrop would help. (back on thread track)

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9800 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Big John
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AdagioM:
quote:
quote:

Woot

I nearly got into a fistfight with an old geezer who decided to tell this joke LOUDLY to the technician at the eye doc’s office, right after he looked at me and my mom. I was PISSED.

Also, my vision is way past. the point where this eyedrop would help. (back on thread track)

I would have said something. I've had people tell gay jokes in front of me. Most of the time I laughed with them, but sometimes they are disparaging.

My intent on this was to add some levity to a conversation about cataracts, not Chinese stereotypes. Intent is key. I know you know me well enough to know that. Most jokes, by their nature, will offend SOMEONE so I think we always have to look at intent.

That old geezer was out of line and I would have said something or at least told an old geezer joke in return.

Another day in Paradise.

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Woot

I would have been pissed right along with you.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21351 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Forum Groupie
Picture of CTPianotech
posted Hide Post
quote:
You haven't LIVED until you take off your glasses and accidentally use the ultra-concentrated mint in the dropper bottle that you put on your tongue instead of the Visine.

Eeker

lol, or instead of contact lens moisturizer, a couple drops of ear wax dissolving solution. Good times.

Posts: 825 | Location: CT | Registered: 10 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piqué:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Woot

I would have been pissed right along with you.

Likewise, especially since he had the chutzpah to recount his out-of-date (to say the least) joke right in front of you two - really directed AT you. (POW - right in the kisser!)

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Woot

I would have said something. I've had people tell gay jokes in front of me. Most of the time I laughed with them, but sometimes they are disparaging.

My intent on this was to add some levity to a conversation about cataracts, not Chinese stereotypes. Intent is key. I know you know me well enough to know that. Most jokes, by their nature, will offend SOMEONE so I think we always have to look at intent.

That old geezer was out of line and I would have said something or at least told an old geezer joke in return.

Yes, I was walking my Mom out, and couldn’t come up with a response quick enough, other than wanting to punch him in the face.

I know you well enough that I wasn’t offended. He didn’t know me at all, and his intent was to offend.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9800 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post