well-temperedforum.groupee.net
Recommendations in Amsterdam?

This topic can be found at:
https://well-temperedforum.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9130004433/m/6223919797

05 January 2023, 01:52 PM
dolmansaxlil
Recommendations in Amsterdam?
We are headed there for a few days in July. Any hotel recs? Or any other words of advice?

--------------------------------
"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

05 January 2023, 04:31 PM
Steve Miller
Haven’t been to Amsterdam but friends who have tell me to make sure wherever you stay has air conditioning.

A lot of places don’t, but the summers have been unusually hot the last few years and you may well need it.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

05 January 2023, 05:51 PM
dolmansaxlil
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
Haven’t been to Amsterdam but friends who have tell me to make sure wherever you stay has air conditioning.

A lot of places don’t, but the summers have been unusually hot the last few years and you may well need it.

YES! We were in Vienna during a heat wave that was literally killing people and almost no place had air conditioning and it was not great! Thank you!

02 April 2023, 08:57 PM
dolmansaxlil
Bumping this up in case anyone has been and has thoughts. We have our hotel booked (Sir Albert) and have already gotten tickets for the Van Gogh Museum and Rijksmuseum. We have also booked an evening canal cruise and a walking tour.

03 April 2023, 10:49 AM
Dan
Get properly pissed and then pretend to be British and looking for a wild party and sex.

I want a first hand report on what measures the Amsterdamians are taking to fight the scourge of the drunken British invasion.
03 April 2023, 11:35 PM
AdagioM
We stayed in a rental apartment (VRBO?) but it was September 2012, and we didn’t have a/c. My requirement was that it had to overlook a canal. We were on the Prinsengracht, a couple blocks from the Anne Frank museum. Steep stairs up, small rooms, utterly charming.

Prinsengracht, Westerkerk by pianomom2001, on Flickr

http://pdxknitterati.com