well-temperedforum.groupee.net
Mayor Pete

This topic can be found at:
https://well-temperedforum.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9130004433/m/6191004366

17 June 2019, 08:23 AM
wtg
Mayor Pete
quote:
Pete Buttigieg raised staggering $7 million in April alone

The Democrat equaled his first-quarter fundraising in one month, as he pushes for a huge haul to cement his top-tier status in the primary.

Pete Buttigieg’s campaign jolted its top donors with big news on a conference call last month: The upstart mayor had raised $7 million in the month of April alone, as much as Buttigieg had in his entire eye-catching first quarter in the presidential race.

The huge April haul, which was previously unreported, highlights Buttigieg’s explosive rise in the Democratic presidential race — and Buttigieg hopes to do it again next month by announcing a top-tier second quarter haul that at least doubles his last campaign finance report, putting the 37-year-old among the biggest fundraisers seeking the presidency in 2020 and cementing his leap from long shot status at the beginning this year.

https://www.politico.com/story...ed-7-million-1365911

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

17 June 2019, 10:31 AM
Piano*Dad
Money doesn't win elections. But it gets you to the dance.
17 June 2019, 07:45 PM
LL
So far I like his presence and quick responses making us realize he has thought things through. Not sure where he stands on everything yet, but plenty of time for comparisons.

The earth laughs in flowers

18 June 2019, 12:06 PM
Nina
My bar has been lowered so much, I'm just impressed that he appears to have a functioning prefrontal cortex. Big Grin

(I feel compelled to note that I've been on the Mayor Pete train since he ran for chair of the DNC.)
18 June 2019, 04:45 PM
Daniel
Big Grin
18 June 2019, 05:37 PM
Amanda
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
My bar has been lowered so much, I'm just impressed that he appears to have a functioning prefrontal cortex. Big Grin

(I feel compelled to note that I've been on the Mayor Pete train since he ran for chair of the DNC.)

I think he sounds great, but I can't help fearing that the Trumpites won't tolerate a gay candidate, especially since Buttigieg is openly physically affectionate with his husband.

No, it shouldn't matter but it does and as we all know, the number one criterion for a Dem candidate is winnability.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

18 June 2019, 08:39 PM
jon-nyc
He’s got the right temperament and a great bio. He’s young though.

One thing for sure, it’s hard to imagine any Democratic President not putting him in the cabinet somewhere. It’s a great career move for him to run. I think he’d find winning statewide office in IN a big challenge. This will allow him to skip that.

And he could conceivably get the nomination, of course. I’m just saying that he definitely wins either way.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

18 June 2019, 08:44 PM
Cindysphinx
VP?

I'd love to see a vice presidential debate with Mayor Pete and Pence.
18 June 2019, 10:21 PM
rontuner
How's he polling with the younger voters? Anyone that can get them to the polls looks good to me!

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com