well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    My wonderful city neighborhood

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My wonderful city neighborhood
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted
The city I live in has generations who still live here or folks who LOVE it....

I volunteer for a conservation group, their idea is that wilderness is still here in the city...The group has a pocket park, an old house site up on a hill with a view...I have offered to help with it but not formally signed up.

Lately on my walks I have noticed the old raised flower bed was raked..but only on one side....It drove me crazy and earlier this week we were to high winds...So I drove up with my rake and bags to clear it out.

Just tonight I got an email from someone who noticed...Was I the one who had raked? Smiler How would she know?

And now she and I are on to clean up the local park...

I love this city that is really a small town.

Little things like this are taking on new meaning...or rather I am noticing them more...

--------------------------------
"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Nice!

And you seem to meet the nicest people!

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LL:
Nice!

And you seem to meet the nicest people!

Not hard to do in Lowell. Smiler

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Lowell is a lovely area. When I met you guys for dinner after going to meet with the alumni folks from Chelmsford I noticed it is all small towns.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13562 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post