well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    A culinary odyssey to eat su filindieu

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A culinary odyssey to eat su filindieu
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
Delicate and impossible to replicate, su filindeu (or the “threads of God”) is a pasta made of hundreds of tiny strands by a single woman in a hillside town in Sardinia. She’ll make it for you too—if you’re willing to walk 20 miles overnight.

https://getpocket.com/explore/...source=pocket-newtab

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37942 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
I'm not. It's pasta. I don't care how you make it.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13560 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
I don’t know. Articles like these make me roll my eyes. After 20 miles of hiking, deep fried twinkies probably taste like heaven. And impossible to replicate? Please.

But my reaction may be in part due to family visiting this weekend (they are gone now), aging health issues very apparent, with what feels like denial going on from the only person who can deal with the issues (which are most certainly not fixable anyway). Stressful, to say the least. A sense of probable crisis coming in the not too distant future. Frowner

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20462 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post