well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Scotland doesn't want him either

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scotland doesn't want him either
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
Scotland First Minister Nicola Sturgeon says President Trump wouldn't be allowed to visit Scotland to golf during its pandemic lockdown, responding to speculation that Trump might travel to a Scottish golf resort rather than attend President-elect Joe Biden's inauguration.

"We are not allowing people to come in to Scotland without an essential purpose right now and that would apply to him, just as it applies to anybody else," Sturgeon said after being asked about Trump on Tuesday. "Coming to play golf is not what I would consider to be an essential purpose."

Sturgeon was responding to questions spurred by a report in the Scottish newspaper The Sunday Post, which cited a source at Prestwick Airport as saying the facility has been told a U.S. military Boeing 757 aircraft will arrive on Jan. 19, the day before Trump's term expires and Biden is inaugurated.

I love world leaders with a sense of humor:

quote:
As for the chance that Trump might use an international trip to one of his golf resorts to avoid the handover of power, Sturgeon said she has not been told of any of Trump's travel plans.

"I hope and expect that, as everybody hopes – well, as everybody expects, not everybody necessarily will hope – that the travel plan immediately that he has is to exit the White House," Sturgeon said. "But beyond that, I don't know."

https://www.npr.org/2021/01/05...-under-pandemic-rule

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37897 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post