well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Toyota’s $10,000 future pickup truck

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Toyota’s $10,000 future pickup truck
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
No screens, no radio. Heck, it doesn’t even have a tachometer. The Toyota IMV 0 is like other modern cars in that it doesn’t have many switches on the interior, but in this case, it’s because there’s almost nothing to turn on and off. Based on the same platform as the Hilux, Toyota’s global market pickup, the IMV 0 starts as a blank template of four wheels, flatbed, and two-door cab. Of course, if you want to add some amenities, Toyota will be glad to add them on, and it’s likely that, like the Hilux, fancier models will be available depending on where it's sold. But let’s take a moment to appreciate the bare necessities.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/r...ortation-perfection/

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37979 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Like.

Posts: 24756 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
My first truck cost $600 used. 10 years old. 1964 GMC. 6 cyl, four speed manual. Had the optional heater but no other options. No inside mirror, no armrests. No radio. No anything.

Simple as a brick, reliable as a claw hammer. I loved that truck. It taught me to prize reliability over any other attribute when it comes to vehicles.

I’d be a customer for this Toyota.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34982 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Completely useless if it can't pull a two-horse trailer. A 2 liter engine is much too small.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21355 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Simple as a brick, reliable as a claw hammer. I loved that truck. It taught me to prize reliability over any other attribute when it comes to vehicles.

I’d be a customer for this Toyota.

Same here.

We downsized to one car last year when we sold the 2003 Toyota Sienna minivan. I'm fine with the one car arrangement and like the Subie Outback, but I miss having the larger cargo area to bring home my garden center purchases. That basic Toyota pickup would be perfect. And I'd love to have a manual transmission again...still haven't gotten used to those newfangled automatics... Big Grin

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37979 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
I would be a customer. Unfortunately, it does not appear that those of us in the US will be able to purchase one.

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Read the comments associated with the article; there's lots of enthusiasm for this vehicle. People are talking about going to Mexico to buy one. Big Grin

Bazootiehead-in-training

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Might buy one. I miss my pickups.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13566 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
There are a lot of tough little basic trucks like this in Central America. Not available in the US.

Not sure Americans want them anyway.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34982 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Should have kept my $800 88 Commanche. Gre3at little truck, huge clearance. My 2000 Ram was a disappointment starting around 60K.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13566 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Want.

Posts: 24756 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post