well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    I deactivated voicemail on my cell phone

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I deactivated voicemail on my cell phone
 Login/Join

Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted
******* spam/scam/hackers whatever they are, they are now able to bypass calling your phone and placing voicemails directly into your inbox.

After getting these two days in a row and over 20 each day, I called Verizon and had them deactivate the voicemail feature on my account.

Posts: 13638 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Eeker

I have never experienced that (yet, ugh), how awful!!

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18610 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
What a hassle, mark. That's a lot of calls every day. We go through periods where we get half a dozen calls a day and then go weeks with none.

They only very rarely leave messages on our phones. It's more the case that they let it ring once or twice and then hang up when we don't answer. And then there are times I answer the phone and mess with them for a while, just to irritate them.... Evil

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 38010 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
You might miss out on a good deal on a car warranty!

J

Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17692 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
I only get one of those (repeatedly) and the voicemail is in Chinese!

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13831 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
I would love to disable mine. I let it fill up and never check it.

Posts: 19765 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Big John
posted Hide Post
I have it set where there's no "envelope" or time stamp. It just starts playing the message and I hit 7 7 7 7 7 7 and delete em all quick.

Another day in Paradise.

Posts: 3902 | Registered: 14 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post