well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    20 days of fantasy and failure
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

20 days of fantasy and failure
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Alternatively titled Mad King Donald.

WaPo article in Seattle Times. Hopefully no paywall.

https://www.seattletimes.com/n...fantasy-and-failure/

Same article in WaPo:

https://www.washingtonpost.com...3f162215d_story.html

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37966 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
... Trump’s aides ... many of them nonetheless indulged their boss and encouraged him

As they have the entire four years. This right here is one of the key reasons why he got into the WH in the first place, no one stands up to him. VeryAngry

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18576 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
More troubling to Raffensperger were the many threats he and his wife, Tricia, have received over the past few weeks — and a break-in at another family member’s home. All of it has prompted him to accept a state security detail.

“If Republicans don’t start condemning this stuff, then I think they’re really complicit in it,” he said. “It’s time to stand up and be counted. Are you going to stand for righteousness? Are you going to stand for integrity? Or are you going to stand for the wild mob? You wanted to condemn the wild mob when it’s on the left side. What are you going to do when it’s on our side?”

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37966 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
He's still fantasizing. Apparently, he did a bonkers interview this morning with Maria Bartiromo, who used to be an actual journalist but is now no more than a shill.

Posts: 45755 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Wow. That really was bonkers.

A recap of highlights, if one can call them that...

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-f...i-doj-162824530.html

Bazootiehead-in-training

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
You know, if the anti-Trumpians were that good at election fraud, you'd think they would have captured the senate and removed Graham and McConnell at the same time. Bunch of pikers.

Posts: 35383 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Mrs pj said he is now blaming Barr and the FBI for not going after whoever stole his election. I can't find that in the news, but I wouldn't doubt it.

Nothing is ever his fault. Nothing. Ever.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
At one point during the interview, Trump even speculated that his own administration's law enforcement entities could be complicit in the alleged conspiracies, which spanned across mail-in and in-person voting.

“This is total fraud. And how the FBI, and Department of Justice — I don't know, maybe they're involved — but how people are allowed to get away with this is stuff is unbelievable. This election was rigged. This election was a total fraud,” Trump said.

He later said, “All I can say, is: With all of the fraud that's taken place, nobody has come to me and said, ‘Oh, the FBI has nabbed the people that are doing this scheme.’”

The Department of Justice, he said, in response to a leading question by Bartiromo, is “missing in action.”

Bazootiehead-in-training

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Next he starts raving about missing strawberries.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I had to look that up.

hysteric

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
What comes after missing strawberries?

quote:
President Trump called on Republican Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp to override Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger on matching signatures during the state's recount, in a tweet Monday.

Raffensperger has said that matching the signature on the outer envelope to the absentee ballot on the inside is impossible, because the ballots are separated from the envelopes when they are opened to protect voter privacy.

The Trump campaign, which formally asked for a recount Nov. 22, says that "without signature-matching, this recount would be a sham and again allow for illegal votes to be counted." Georgia certified President-elect Joe Biden as the winner on Nov. 20.

"Why won’t Governor @BrianKempGA, the hapless Governor of Georgia, use his emergency powers, which can be easily done, to overrule his obstinate Secretary of State, and do a match of signatures on envelopes," Trump tweeted Monday. "It will be a 'goldmine' of fraud, and we will easily WIN the state."

"Also, quickly check the number of envelopes versus the number of ballots," he continued. "You may just find that there are many more ballots than there are envelopes. So simple, and so easy to do. Georgia Republicans are angry, all Republicans are angry. Get it done!"

Bazootiehead-in-training

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
I had to look that up.

hysteric
Creepy how nearly all of these feel so pertinent to the situation at hand...
"I will not be made a fool of! Do you hear me?"

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
you may tell the crew for me that there are four ways of doing things aboard my ship: The right way, the wrong way, the Navy way, and my way. They do things my way, and we'll get along

quote:
He was no different from any other officer in the ward room, they were all disloyal.

quote:
Ah, but the strawberries, that's, that's where I had them, they laughed at me and made jokes, but I proved beyond the shadow of a doubt, with geometric logic, that a duplicate key to the ward room icebox did exist, and I've had produced that key if they hadn't pulled the Caine out of action.

Scary for sure.....

Bazootiehead-in-training

Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
I thought the title of this thread was like a final Jeopardy answer.

My guess was going to be “What is nearly 3 weeks of Doug’s social life?”

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO

Bazootiehead-in-training