well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Tornado Prom
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tornado Prom
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Wow.
Quite a storm.
Hope the trees are cleared soon.

What does one do with chickens but no coop?
Dinner?

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25711 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
She has them crowded into the other coops and has the 3 tiny ones in a dog crate. She has a small bantam chicken that was her daughter's first chicken -- got her in kindergarten and she will be a junior in high school next year. (So IOW, an amazingly old chicken.) Of course, that's the coop that got completely destroyed -- it would have been ironic for the chicken to have survived twice the normal chicken lifespan only to die by tornado-tree. Thankfully, she's fine!

Posts: 4404 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Lisa, oh my goodness! So glad you didn't have any worse damage! These kinds of storms are so scary!!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18524 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
And to think I have recently been considering a move to the Philly area (from Central PA) as one possible solution to things I don't like here. E.g., you have better medical care, proximity to NYC for various conveniences and cheaper air travel. (From here, we always need to pay a high premium for not being a hub airport. For instance, Philly itself is a common stopover for a couple of our servicing airlines. Nothing is direct from here.)

It also crossed my mind that (I thought) Philly was just that much nicer weather-wise; warmer, less prone to radical storms and overall sunnier.
I HAVE heard the whole East Coast is going to be more subject to tornadoes thanks to global warming, but I'd hoped your area was somewhat better off than us (we ourselves have had a couple of tornadoes in the last few years and now annual powerful hailstorms/thunderstorms).

Guess the Philly option is getting written off as a solution to those local drawbacks.

WHAT an experience, Lisa! How fortunate you had set yourselves up with a generator too (I'd never have thought such a back-up was recommended for Philadelphia). And how brilliantly you managed through, including the Prom! (Can't believe that lovely young lady is one of the toddlers I remember as suffering from scary, nuisance GI issues! Looks like you all have weathered many storms in every sense.)

Well done!!

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post