well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Finally succumbed, fearing I may have brought friends with
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally succumbed, fearing I may have brought friends with
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:
Hope you are better soon.

Have been staying in a nearby motel because of work going on at my place. Took the pup for a walk and ran into I guy I know fairly well. He was working on a fence in front of his home.
He shook my hand and talked a bit. Then told me he had COVID!! Nice, huh? So far I am fine.

Thanks, CHAS.

What an ass! Mad
Maybe (hopefully) he was referring to a later phase past fever and contagion (even though people still test positive).

--------------------------------
The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
He said he had been sick for a week. Caught it from his wife.
I don't know any more.
I feel fine.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
That certainly is weird and beyond inconsiderate. Perhaps it had something to do with his family philosophy about Covid, contagion and (of course) politics.

After being sick for a week, he was past his most contagious stage (which is before he is even symptomatic), but it's definitely within the period after beginning his own illness when patients are under "orders" to wear the most protective masks around others. (To the extent anyone follows the CDC's directives)

Perhaps he thought being outside he didn't have to consider your exposure, but the hand-shaking is really beyond the pale.

I certainly hope you remain well, CHAS. At least, we know now that it isn't transmitted by touch and I hope that protects you. As for his motives, though, I am speechless. (Does he know you two have different perspectives about the illness and protective measures, vaccine, etc.?)

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Amanda, how are you feeling?

Posts: 24710 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Forum Frequenter
Picture of AD
posted Hide Post
UK now recommends isolation for only 5 days but working from home if you are able. Don't have to.
And only if you have symptoms and know. Tests are no longer available free.
It's very much 'get on with your life' at the moment, but the dramatic increase in cases means we'll be wearing masks going Christmas shopping.

My sister (vulnerable) got her first covid at the weekend, and we immediatley followed suit (second time for us).
Our symptoms with this latest variant are those of a bad cold/flu so far, having aches, much coughing, running nose & tirednesss.

Every morrning the soul is once again as good as new, and again one offers if to one's brothers and sisters in life.

Posts: 378 | Location: Land of the Prince Bishops | Registered: 27 November 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry, AD. I hope you all feel better soon.

Posts: 24710 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:
Amanda, how are you feeling?

I was upset not to be completely well when the Paxlovid was out, especially as I still had symptoms.

They weren't dangerous (no fever or reduced O2) but continuous coughing, sinus-y and my nose was running like a faucet. Sleep almost impossible.

Today the super runny nose is reduced, though - may it continue! Best of all, my very vulnerable friend DID qualify for Paxlovid to which she responded great. Only her care-giving son (he was too young to take it) is quite ill.

A sick household, but supporting each other plus occasional care packages from her ex/his father. I was so worried!

Many thanks for asking, Daniel!

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AD:

...My sister (vulnerable) got her first covid at the weekend, and we immediatley followed suit (second time for us).
Our symptoms with this latest variant are those of a bad cold/flu so far, having aches, much coughing, running nose & tirednesss.

Sorry to hear this. How long ago did you get your first COVID and (assuming from your comment) how much worse was it?
Did you and/or sister qualify for (and receive) Paxlovid?

Most concerned about your sister. Let us know how you're doing, especially her. Do you live together? Any special event to which you were all exposed that precipitated it?

Heal!

Forum Frequenter
Picture of AD
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the thoughts.

Last Christmas we had a get together with our daughters, extended family & partners all invited, mostly about ages 20-25 from various parts of the country/universities. We gave them Mongolian hot pot. Then we went to cousins on Boxing day with a similar set up
We all, about 20 of us, got it Group Hug . Presumably the first variant; wife & I were exhausted in bed for three days, and took about a month to fully recover.
Our younger family members mostly had a day or two feeling tired (but a week of moaning about isolating but not being really ill). By then we'd all had three vaccinations (Astrozenica and two Pfizer)

This time it's milder. Fourth day and I'm nearly recovered. No idea where we caught it. Sister from her work? Our dentist waiting room? Visit to octogenarian cousins? Supermarket? Plumber/electrician/builder who were here over the last week?

Sister feeling worse than us despite already having had a booster, but she's OK, popped over to see her today with some milk and she's sleeping herself better.

Every morrning the soul is once again as good as new, and again one offers if to one's brothers and sisters in life.

Posts: 378 | Location: Land of the Prince Bishops | Registered: 27 November 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Sorry you’ve been sick, AD.

Hope everyone recovers quickly! ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34918 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post