well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Nikki Haley

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nikki Haley
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
Former UN Ambassador Nikki Haley said that she does not believe former President Trump will run for federal office again in the wake of the Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection, telling Politico in an extensive profile: "I don’t think he can. He’s fallen so far."

quote:
“He went down a path he shouldn’t have, and we shouldn’t have followed him, and we shouldn’t have listened to him," she said. And we can’t let that ever happen again.”

The former governor of South Carolina specifically criticized Trump for turning on Vice President Pence in his campaign to force him to overturn the Electoral College vote, even though Pence lacked that constitutional authority to begin with.

"I am so disappointed in the fact that [despite] the loyalty and friendship he had with Mike Pence, that he would do that to him," Haley said. "Like, I’m disgusted by it.”

https://www.axios.com/nikki-ha...dd-c927a4e0952c.html

The full interview: https://www.politico.com/inter...nikki-haleys-choice/

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37941 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Just because Pence didn't have the authority to legally stop the certification, Trump's past history of doing illegal activities and then worrying about the fallout later would lead him to believe that Pence could certainly throw a wrench into the proceedings as president of the senate.

If Trump believed that "president" means above the law, we could have been in a situation where his 2nd in command would have believed the same thing and treated the senators as his underlings...

Warning for the future, not an excuse to ignore the past!

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7556 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Sorry Nikki. Too little, too late.

I would vote for just about anyone the Dems put up over you, and if I couldn't stomach the Democratic candidate (unlikely), I would vote for someone else who didn't have R after their name.

Posts: 12539 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Meant to include this snippet from the interview:

quote:
Since last fall, I’ve spent nearly six hours talking with Haley on-the-record. I’ve also spoken with nearly 70 people who know her: friends, associates, donors, staffers, former colleagues. From those conversations, two things are clear. First, Nikki Haley is going to run for president in 2024. Second, she doesn’t know which Nikki Haley will be on the ballot. Will it be the Haley who has proven so adaptive and so canny that she might accommodate herself to the dark realities of a Trump-dominated party? Will it be the Haley who is combative and confrontational and had a history of giving no quarter to xenophobes? Or will it be the Haley who refuses to choose between these characters, believing she can be everything to everyone?

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37941 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
I-1 knows no bottom.

You can proudly proclaim you "grab 'em by the pvssy" and still get elected (not to mention hiding your tax returns, serial adultery, three marriages, payola to strippers, stiffing every vendor who's ever done business with you, etc. etc. etc.). So, inciting insurrection, calling to overturn an election, and seeing on television footage of one of your supporters beating the carp out of a Capitol Police officer with a flagpole with a flag with your name on it... None of this will prevent I-1 from running again.

The only thing I think that will be a consideration is what I-1's niece said: he won't run again because he will not put himself into the possibility of losing again.

Of course, being in prison for tax evasion or something like that would also keep one from running.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
quote:
If Trump believed that "president" means above the law

What do you mean "if"? One of his key advisors has a tattoo of Nixon on his back. Nixon said "if the president does it, that means it's not illegal". I-1 firmly believes that.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
She's just setting herself up for a run in 2024. She wasn't there when it counted.

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Interview is far-ranging and worth a read if you're not familiar with her history.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
I respected her when she was governor of South Carolina in the aftermath of the Charleston church mass shooting and was instrumental in removing the Confederate flag from the grounds of the state capitol. I think she was a credible UN representative for the US.

If everyone who toed the Republican party line over the last several years is permanently barred from participation in our main-stream politics, then we almost compel them to line up behind an alternative that would be much, much worse.

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7412 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Romney-Sasse 2024!

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Ben Sasse could be the next president. He speaks plain English, and that works.

Posts: 19764 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post