well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    I think we can cancel it this year

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I think we can cancel it this year
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted
https://nationaldaycalendar.co...iation-day-april-17/

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
What is it about bat that we are suppose to appreciate on that day?
If it's appreciation for its culinary potential, then yeah, we can cancel it.
But if it's appreciation for its droppings that make great fertilizers, may be that appreciation can continue.

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12693 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
They also eat many times their weight in mosquitoes, so I'm a bat fan, as long as they're not spreading pandemics and such.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15513 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
The hypothesis that implicated bats says that SARS-CoV-2 jumped from bats to human because some humans ate raw bats. I doubt the bats wanted to be eaten at all. So it's really unfair to say that the bats spread the pandemic.

Generalizing just a tiny winsy little bit, if we would just stop eating animals, we can avoid a lot of virus/bacteria jumping from non-human animals to human. Let's all go vegetarian!

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12693 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
But if it's appreciation for its droppings that make great fertilizers, may be that appreciation can continue.

I'm guano have to think about that one for a while.

Posts: 12541 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Ax - it’s not the virus’ “fault” that it replicates in our RNA but I’m not going to appreciate it either.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
quote:

ROTFLMAO

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9801 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
quote:

I am dung thinking about it.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25712 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
In our AZ house, we had bats that would fly out of the nearby mountain at dusk. The highlight was in the summer, when we would often be either in the pool or at least poolside, and hundreds of bats would descend on the houses on our block to zoom by and drink from the swimming pools.

I'm a huge bat fan. Smiler

Posts: 35382 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post