well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    huge spike in the unemployment rate coming in October

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

huge spike in the unemployment rate coming in October
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted
well, not necessarily the national unemployment rate. it’s more of a local thing. Northern Nevada. well, not all of Northern Nevada -specifically my house. The unemployment rate in my house is going up to 100% at the end of October.

they finally hired a new CFO to replace me , who started yesterday. I’m hanging around for one month on a consulting contract to help him with a few projects we are in the middle of. The press release went out this morning, which is why I’m guessing why the stock market is down so much..

Anyway, so I’m back on unemployment by the end of this month.

I probably need to stock up on some cheap cat food for inexpensive dinners going forward…

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
also, I just checked and I can edit or quote this post just fine on safari on an iPad.

Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
starting to think about some combination of an onlyfans page and a series of gofundme’s to supplement my retirement income.

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Not sure if I should say congrats or ROTFLMAO

(re the onlyfans comment...)

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18576 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
[pedant hat on] You're not officially unemployed unless you are out of work but looking for work.[pedant hat off].

Big Grin

Congrats on the life shift!

Posts: 12546 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
[pedant hat on] You're not officially unemployed unless you are out of work but looking for work.[pedant hat off].

!

what, are you new to the 2020s? you are referring to something called a “fact”. “Facts” are not relevant in current discourse.

knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Don’t forget Cameo for your supplemental income. You make videos for $$$ (or maybe really $) as a hired gun.

Don’t laugh, Mr. AM has hired “celebs” to make marketing pitches for him. It could be YOU!

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9801 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Keyboard Jam "On the dole again - looks like Doug is on the dole again" Keyboard Jam

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34976 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AdagioM:
Don’t forget Cameo for your supplemental income. You make videos for $$$ (or maybe really $) as a hired gun.

Don’t laugh, Mr. AM has hired “celebs” to make marketing pitches for him. It could be YOU!

Hmmmmm this is a good thought.

“Does your loved one have a birthday or special occasion coming up? Are they huge fans of elderly paunchy retired accountants? Buy your cameo from Doug now!”

I hope this doesn’t put me into another tax bracket.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I hear there's an opening on Capitol Hill...Speaker Doug has a nice ring to it...

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37963 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
I hear there's an opening on Capitol Hill...Speaker Doug has a nice ring to it...

I think I’m still too young for a career in politics. I will be in the sweet spot for running for president in about eight or nine years though.

twit
Beatification Candidate
Picture of kluurs
posted Hide Post
I keep waiting for jury duty. The call never comes.

Posts: 9598 | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
I was planning to stand out at the end of a freeway offramp with a cardboard sign that says "NFFMCo Retiree -- Anything Helps!" But all the good spots are already taken by others with the same sign.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Soon you will be wondering how you ever found time for work.
Those babes will be occupying your every minute.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25714 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I think you're just in it for the gold watches....

Let's hope this one sticks!

Posts: 35383 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post